alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
Thank you, will do.

Once the build starts, what is a 'normal' (assuming no Snafu's) time frame for it to be completed?
2 days to complete build. 1 to 4 is normal to get out of i status, but can be much longer if you have a repair needed. a good timeframe from build start E to KZ is about 4 days. Usually will then spend a couple days in KZ before loading up to truck or rail. then depends on the route, but can be a week to 3 average. if you get stuck in a holding yard, some have been stuck there weeks (alorton)
Sponsored

Reactions: JDZ

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
First thing I will do is run in circles around it, flapping my hands around and squealing like a little girl.

When I had the Sport S on order I had around 6k in upgrades lined up for it. At that point I realized I might as well just get a Rubicon.

So now can’t say I have a ton to do. Stubby antenna, maybe new wheels in the first month or two, and sliders whenever 2-door versions are ready.

O and decided to get paint protection film. Not all over, but full hood and a few spots known to get chipped up. Then ceramic coating. Will get both done right away.

Who are you using for the paint protection film? Is it someone you have used in the past?

3uPh0riK

First Name
Christiaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Ranger Wildtrak
O and decided to get paint protection film. Not all over, but full hood and a few spots known to get chipped up. Then ceramic coating. Will get both done right away.
Ive read about this a couple of times now. What exactly do you guys plan on getting done? Is there a link to this stuff so I can check it out?

Haha I see @cmb beat me to the question!

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Who are you using for the paint protection film? Is it someone you have used in the past?
I will send you a PM soon as I can with details.

Sponsored

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Ive read about this a couple of times now. What exactly do you guys plan on getting done? Is there a link to this stuff so I can check it out?

Haha I see @cmb beat me to the question!
Quick version since I am pressed for time, take a look on the net for Xpel or Paint Protection Film. Based on what I have seen and heard from others I plan to get the hood done, probably door sills, and for sure hinges. These seem to be most common spots for rock chips.

JDZ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500 Night, Mustang vert, Lexus SUV
2 days to complete build. 1 to 4 is normal to get out of i status, but can be much longer if you have a repair needed. a good timeframe from build start E to KZ is about 4 days. Usually will then spend a couple days in KZ before loading up to truck or rail. then depends on the route, but can be a week to 3 average. if you get stuck in a holding yard, some have been stuck there weeks (alorton)
Date on POC is June 30.
So in theory could see this in July?

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
sure would love a gps tracker on the jeep while it's in transit on the train....it's encouraging to know you are built and shipping, but those three weeks it sure would be awesome to always know where your jeep is at

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
Date on POC is June 30.
So in theory could see this in July?

I'd say 50/50 on july, but 95% before the end of august. but depends a bit on your build. are you PST or hardtop with headliners or 2.0 T?

if no to all three of those, your likelihood of driving it home from your NY dealer in july is pretty decent

JDZ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500 Night, Mustang vert, Lexus SUV
I'd say 50/50 on july, but 95% before the end of august. but depends a bit on your build. are you PST or hardtop with headliners or 2.0 T?

if no to all three of those, your likelihood of driving it home from your NY dealer in july is pretty decent
Of the three, just Power Soft Top,

Sponsored

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
Of the three, just Power Soft Top,
premium soft top? i don't think power soft top is available for 2 door. anyhoo, that's probably the best of those three to have as far as minimal delays. haven't heard as many complaints about the PST as we did a month or two ago. turbo? fugedabout it. no telling. hardtop headliner? expect 2-3 week delay. PST? probably no big deal and i'll give you 60 percent odds to have it arrive at your dealer by july 31

3uPh0riK

First Name
Christiaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Ranger Wildtrak
Quick version since I am pressed for time, take a look on the net for Xpel or Paint Protection Film. Based on what I have seen and heard from others I plan to get the hood done, probably door sills, and for sure hinges. These seem to be most common spots for rock chips.
Interesting... When youve made your decision on what to get where please hit me up to let me know! Ill probably do the same

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still showing in transit but dealer just called to say it is here and ready to pick up in a couple hours! WOW this is a bit surreal after waiting so long.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
The dealer sent me the attached picture - she's prep'd and ready for pickup. I'm headed there right after work. Sweet!

BTW, Nicole is a real person. I spoke to her on the phone, today, and she was very helpful. I hope if others have the same opportunity they remember their manners. Frustration with FCA and the inconvenience of waiting is not a good reason to treat someone badly - don't shoot the messenger!

IMG_7092.jpg
Sponsored