2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
Well, my wife and I decided last night to walk away from our order. We ordered back in January and it had become too frustrating after all of the various delays and now 2 weeks in KZ and no ETA on the horizon! So, jumped online last night and started searching through the inventory within 150 miles and found four that would fit the bill option wise. Unfortunately 3 of the 4 dealers seemed to want to play games when asked if they were sold orders or available for purchase. But as luck would have it, the 4th showed to be on the lot and at a dealer only 40 miles east of me. So, we called them this morning right at 9am when they opened and found out that the Rubicon was not sold. In fact, it had just been unloaded off the carrier this morning only an hour earlier. The salesman promised to hold onto the keys personally while they were doing the PDI and cleanup. So to make a long story short, we drove over and made the deal at a little after 2pm this afternoon for a black Rubicon. No more waiting! :rock:

7cXQ0Qql-387533978.jpg
Another twin! Congratulations!
Sponsored

FireWire

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram EcoDiesel, Polaris RZR900, 2018 JL Sport S
If memory serves me well getting LSD also upgrades the rear axle to Dana 44 which makes it more appealing than just the limited slip function.
Also yo get the better AT tires included which are a $295 option if ordered separately.

LydiaSP613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Well, my wife and I decided last night to walk away from our order. We ordered back in January and it had become too frustrating after all of the various delays and now 2 weeks in KZ and no ETA on the horizon! So, jumped online last night and started searching through the inventory within 150 miles and found four that would fit the bill option wise. Unfortunately 3 of the 4 dealers seemed to want to play games when asked if they were sold orders or available for purchase. But as luck would have it, the 4th showed to be on the lot and at a dealer only 40 miles east of me. So, we called them this morning right at 9am when they opened and found out that the Rubicon was not sold. In fact, it had just been unloaded off the carrier this morning only an hour earlier. The salesman promised to hold onto the keys personally while they were doing the PDI and cleanup. So to make a long story short, we drove over and made the deal at a little after 2pm this afternoon for a black Rubicon. No more waiting! :rock:

7cXQ0Qql-387533978.jpg
Well done!!! :clap: Gorgeous! :involve:

passingnotes

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
If memory serves me well getting LSD also upgrades the rear axle to Dana 44 which makes it more appealing than just the limited slip function.
yes, but only one axle, and still all at 3.45 gearing if i understand the option correctly - feel like if you need big axles to run 37, you need to go rubicon. in my case, terrain around here coupled with new tires and default BLD should handle about 90-95 percent of what i might encounter (hope, hope ;)

Sponsored

passingnotes

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also yo get the better AT tires included which are a $295 option if ordered separately.
no, those were a free upgrade when i ordered the upgraded rims back in january. are they a stand alone option now?

passingnotes

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F0C46E96-2E81-43D8-8124-E91A5AAD4BDA.jpeg
Small town for me as well and the little bit of FM testing I did with the factory antena was far from good. XM goes in and out as well because of the trees along most of the roads. I think I will order the stubby antenna as well because any more signal loss would probably not be very noticable.
i agree - sirius has been spotty for tons of people...this is the tiny one i’m running, love how it ticks away into fender line

redjlrubi

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
55Chevy, 1926 Firetruck, 40' Tiffin Motorhome
Occupation
Fire Captain, 30yrs
I am so jealous, I ordered the same Jeep with painted fenders and still not built 1-24-18 order
Call the 1(866) 362-2146 talk to Nicole she will send you email updates. When she told me it was built and shipping tomorrow (6/5) but did not know ETA to dealer ship. I went right down to my dealer and asked where's my jeep ? As usual he answered still D status, I told him check again because jeep told me its built and being shipped tomorrow. He then went and really checked and said ( oh ya there it is, it's shipping out tomorrow and ETA to our dealer ship is 6/18 ) The system is truly flawed, I'm just hoping that on delivery day, all my FCA anger will go away...

Sponsored

redjlrubi

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
55Chevy, 1926 Firetruck, 40' Tiffin Motorhome
Occupation
Fire Captain, 30yrs
I am so jealous, I ordered the same Jeep with painted fenders and still not built 1-24-18 order
I also got painted fenders, I'll update my signature.

McBeeve

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Rubicon
Occupation
Facilities Administrator
I'm not sure how it's supposed to work but our salesman did it for us yesterday during the "delivery".

Rubiconvict

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
KZ!

Built pending inspection: 06/08/18 03:02:00 PM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/08/18 03:04:00 PM TOLEDO, OH VDC
Production Status KZ Received 06/08/18 03:54:00 PM

Although this info came from the site whose name not need be mentioned, just went on Jeep Chat to try to confirm and "According to the information I was able to find it is currently on the assembly line."

Those who have made it this far and past it, can I rely on the non-Jeep Chat info above?
Can someone point me to the link to this mystic site?
Sponsored