2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The help line seems to have some people that are telling lies, or are maybe typing VINs wrong.
Sponsored

acmejl

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2018 1/2 JLR Unicorn
Occupation
Owner of ACME Adventure 4x4, llc
Vehicle Showcase
Lisa, would 32 inch tires be sufficient for that trail y'all are on?
Unfortunately not. I’d say 37” tires would definitely be the minimum for this trail.

Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2018 Compass Trailhawk
The help line seems to have some people that are telling lies, or are maybe typing VINs wrong.
They are not telling lies. Most of them are TOO LAZY to do their job.
They do not care if you get an update all they care is if they get a
paycheck. The job must be boring as hell sitting there all day and
trying to help people they could care less about. Yes there are some
but very few that are very good at helping us. It is really like playing
the lottery. Mostly you lose and sometimes you win. KEEP CALLING !!!

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi/Billet Silver
The woman that was helping me was definitely trying-I don't think it was her-whatever system they are using seems really f-ed up.

biTToe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi: Ordered 1/30/18 - Delivered 06/12/18- '06 TJ Rubi ( gone ), '75 CJ5 304-V8 (long gone)
I called my sales guy today and he said my Jeep should be delivered this month. My ship date was 29 May. I put my VIN in cryptostickers and a build sheet was found that says Status D1 To D1 Forward. No window sticker found. 'm not sure what that means...
I had the same questions... then I found this:
Build sheet when in rolls off the line ready for inspection. Window Sticker when it leaves the plant ready for transport.

)|||||(═╕
{Φ}

Sponsored

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
Unfortunately not. I’d say 37” tires would definitely be the minimum for this trail.
I have to disagree 33 inch tires on 16 inch rims were the gold standard for the longest time , people would do rubicon, moab and any other crazy trail you could think of on them. Its only been the last decade or 2 , where people have gone crazy with the tire size. Jeep only started offering 17 inch rims maybe 8-10 years ago.

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
The woman that was helping me was definitely trying-I don't think it was her-whatever system they are using seems really f-ed up.
Yeah certainly seems there are multiple systems that either sync slowly or not at all.

Seems to me a decent number of PST people got good news today, so thinking they actually are finally kicking those orders into high gear.

JeepVirgin

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
I had the same questions... then I found this:

)|||||(═╕
{Φ}
Hmmm, it'll be interesting to see if the info is accurate. It was supposed to have left the plant a week ago. I'm just hoping to have it by July, is that asking to much? Probably...lol

acmejl

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have to disagree 33 inch tires on 16 inch rims were the gold standard for the longest time , people would do rubicon, moab and any other crazy trail you could think of on them. Its only been the last decade or 2 , where people have gone crazy with the tire size. Jeep only started offering 17 inch rims maybe 8-10 years ago.
True story, however this trail would is quite extreme! The rocks on this trail are at least 50”-60” tall in many spots. Otherwise I agree with you 100%

Sponsored

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
True story, however this trail would is quite extreme! The rocks on this trail at 50”-60” tall in many spots. Otherwise I agree with you 100%
Listen of course 37's are going to make it much easier , but 33's will work if your willing to take your time. granted 50 60 inch is pretty fucking tall!

acmejl

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
True story, however this trail would is quite extreme! The rocks on this trail at 50”-60” tall in many spots. Otherwise I agree with you 100%

Listen of course 37's are going to make it much easier , but 33's will work if your willing to take your time.
I’m sure you’re correct but you’ll be using a winch for most of the trail.

Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2018 Compass Trailhawk
Have You Noticed This Headlight Easter Egg?
May 31, 2018

Like 2597

3af4e78335e9c910f60252b6a4e3bac3?s=37&d=mm&r=g.jpg
Written by: JLwranglerforums

JL-Wrangler-headlight-easter-egg-864x520.jpg

JL Wrangler designers/engineers took effort to make sure that once the initial newness of the vehicle wore off, there’d be plenty of little easter eggs to discover on the JL and keep things interesting.

If you’ve never studied your halogen headlights closely, you may have missed a neat easter egg. Smack dab in the middle of your headlights is this tiny Jeep grille design. It’s even specific to the JL Wrangler as the outer grille slat features the same headlight cutout as on the JL.

Go ahead and run outside to check this out. Just make sure your headlights are off when looking for this easter egg

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon

I’m sure you’re correct but you’ll be using a winch for most of the trail.
Sure and maybe even taking a slightly different route, like they say there is more then one way to skin a cat. I don't know who came up with that saying, pretty sick when you think about it!
Sponsored