First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
55Chevy, 1926 Firetruck, 40' Tiffin Motorhome
Occupation
Fire Captain, 30yrs
I ordered 2/28 and was told 6-8 weeks. I ordered a 2 door Rubicon with a PST. I’m finishing up week 13. Still waiting to go to D1.
Same boat. I ordered 2/16 red jl rubi fully loaded with PST. and patiently waiting. Just happy to see that the 2 doors are being produced.
Sponsored

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
Glad everyone is enjoying their new rides. Hoping all good this week for those waiting.
Question: On touch screen after a phone call and you end there is a Green time counter
top left side. HOW DO YOU reset or cancel it. It counts how long ago you received a call.
It keeps counting and radio won't work. I push everything it goes away. What is the
simple way to reset this crazy counter. Thanks
I will keep an eye on it. I think my radio came right back on when the call ended.

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
Question: On touch screen after a phone call and you end there is a Green time counter top left side. HOW DO YOU reset or cancel it.
It keeps counting and radio won't work. I push everything it goes away. What is the
simple way to reset this crazy counter. Thanks
Clif, STOP!!! calling Nicole from your Jeep. I know you got used to calling several times every day - the number is even on your 'favorites'. But you have your Jeep now. Your relationship with Nicole is over. Really. Yes it is. You have your new love in your garage. Let Nicole go on to another Jeepless owner - it is the right thing to do. Stop calling. Besides, I think she is dealing a lot with OldGuyNewJeep now.

(besides, when you do that; "No, you hang up first." thing, it is pretty pitiful. That is why the call counter keeps going. Next time you call Nicole, ask her how to hang up.)

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Local dealer say they will not have 2 doors til October, 2018 is looking to be a "limited launch" for 2 door.
Where do you live? Try a different dealer I'd say. Maybe that particular dealer didn't take custom 2 door orders, and didn't care to order themselves any dealer stock.

Supposedly a couple dealerships that are not the closest to me will have 2 doors soon. I need to finally see it in person so I can place a damned order already. Probably gonna hop in a 4 door sport so I can get a feel for the base switchgear as well! (since I haven't seen a single base 2 door scheduled to go aaaanywhere)

Sponsored

HardRock

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK Hard Rock Edition (FL); 2018 Rubicon JL (CA)
Now that I've been driving my Jeep for a week here are a few observations. There is no particular order in these just as I think about them.

1) I haven't done it lately but the hazard lights button is easy to hit when shifting into third. After a few times hitting it I know to keep my knuckles/fingers in. Still not the best placement.

2) I suffer from the leaky rear wiper issue. So I always have a white streak on my rear window.

3) I kinda wish I got a soft top for ease of going topless whenever I want. I like the looks of the hard top though. So it's a mix bag. Once I get my hoist maybe I'll feel differently.

4) I'm still amazed at how nicely this thing shifts. All my previous Jeeps were a little clunky on the shifter. This one is silk.

5) I much prefer the new door handles over the JKs. They feel better and look more refined.

6) having the stop points in the door is amazing. I don't have to worry about my kids opening the door into other cars now.

7) The stock hight and stance of the Rubicon is perfect for me. I probably won't be lifting it or adding larger tires. It looks pretty tough.

8) The more I look at the dash, the more I like the new interior style. FCA did a fantastic job on it. It looks rugged and with the exception of the hazard button it's laid out great.

9) ESS isn't quite as smooth as it is in my Camry or Highlander. The problem I have with it is I can't press the brake lightly enough for it not to trigger. If I'm doing a quick stop in my other cars I can keep ESS from triggering. Not so much on the Jeep.

10) I've mentioned it before but I love the turning radius on two door Jeeps. parallel parking is a breeze.

11) Jeep wave... Guys do it women don't. The heck is up with that!?

12) I really like the overall finish of the Jeep. I've crawled over every bit of it and everything looks solid and put together well.

That's it for now. I know some of you are still waiting for your Jeeps .Keep waiting! There is not a single other vehicle on the road like a Wrangler. It's worth the wait. I wouldn't be happy with anything else.
Nice update. I agree on the stock height - I possibly will go with a Mopar 2-inch lift but not until they solve that issue with bowing springs. Great pix!

HardRock

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK Hard Rock Edition (FL); 2018 Rubicon JL (CA)
Did "Nicole" offer this to anyone else?

Sincerely,
NICOLE
Customer Assistance Center

Dear Customer:

Case #: 33983458
VIN: 1C4HJXCG6JW148332
Vehicle Description: JEEP WRANGLER RUBICION 4X4 SPORT UTILITY 2-DOOR

Dear Clif: I am writing with an update on your 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon order! Please be advised that your 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon was delivered to Fred Martin Superstore on 5/23/2018. We would encourage you to reach out to the dealership in order to make pick up arrangements. With that being said, because of your patience & loyalty to the Jeep Brand I would like to offer you a little token of appreciation. Please select one of the two Wrangler Service Contracts listed below & I will have it added to your vehicle: AUTO APPEARANCE CARE PLUS (3 Year Contract)- • Unlimited Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) coverage of vertical and horizontal sheet metal vehicle body panels, windshield glass and interior trim damages for full term of the plan • Windshield Glass - Covers cracks and chips (within 1.5” diameter for chips and 6” for cracks) • Interior Soft Trim - Covers rips, tear and burn holes to interior leather, vinyl and cloth seats, door panels, carpeting and floor mats (within 2” diameter area) • Additional Plan OPTION 2 allows for “Anytime Sale” and repair coverage of Pre-Existing conditions. OR ROAD HAZARD TIRE & WHEEL PROTECTION (3 Year Contract)- Full Repair or Replacement Cost for all four (4) OEM or aftermarket tires and wheels, or Full Replacement Value (at current retail market value) for all four (4) tires and wheels where tires/wheels are no longer available. Includes cost of mounting, balancing and stems. • Up to $7,500 maximum reimbursement amount during term of plan • Includes replacement of tire pressure sensor gauge • $100 “Sign-And-Go” Towing and Roadside Assistance • $0 Deductible per repair visit • 24 Hour Service Provided by Agero, Inc. 1-800-521-2779 I look forward to hearing from you with your choice. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding as we launch this exciting new vehicle. Sincerely, Nicole Jeep Product Information Center
Awesome! I would go with wheel protection personally...

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
Awesome! I would go with wheel protection personally...
Especially if it covers the TPMS. Fixing/replacing those are about $800.

Clif and Nicole had a very special relationship, I am not surprised she wanted to give him something to remember her by. But, I am beginning to think that Clif order a Mopar Protection Plan and this may just tag on to that.

Last edited:

Sponsored

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Where do you live? Try a different dealer I'd say. Maybe that particular dealer didn't take custom 2 door orders, and didn't care to order themselves any dealer stock.

Supposedly a couple dealerships that are not the closest to me will have 2 doors soon. I need to finally see it in person so I can place a damned order already. Probably gonna hop in a 4 door sport so I can get a feel for the base switchgear as well! (since I haven't seen a single base 2 door scheduled to go aaaanywhere)
Northern CA, and ya looks like I will need to road trip to one of the monster dealerships in southbay. I am gonna drive before I give them a penny, I wanna skip the ones with one of the known steering problems, leaks, or already showing check engine lights.

They have 2 door JKs, it jsut looks like they are not fighting in line for 2 door JLs yet.

Moosh67

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon (ordered 2/26/18)

Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2018 Compass Trailhawk
Clif, STOP!!! calling Nicole from your Jeep. I know you got used to calling several times every day - the number is even on your 'favorites'. But you have your Jeep now. Your relationship with Nicole is over. Really. Yes it is. You have your new love in your garage. Let Nicole go on to another Jeepless owner - it is the right thing to do. Stop calling. Besides, I think she is dealing a lot with OldGuyNewJeep now.

(besides, when you do that; "No, you hang up first." thing, it is pretty pitiful. That is why the call counter keeps going. Next time you call Nicole, ask her how to hang up.)
Breaking up is hard to do!! Everyone "Please treat her right."Hanging up is
"The Hardest Part To Do" Her updates Gave me that "Peaseful Easy Feeling" But
seeing her picture showed her "Lyin' Eyes" Like a "Witchy Woman" who would
get you "One Of These Nights". She did Email I was "Already Gone" as I'm a "Ramblin Man"
This Rubicon you feel like "New Kid In Town" with "Life in The Fast Lane" and driving
the "Highway To Hell" and I'll "Take It To The Limit" even though I'm "Running On Empty".
"Anyway You Want It" I will stop as she must be "Somebody's Baby" if he finds out I'll
be "Knocking On Heaven's Door" So Nicole "By By Baby Goodby"

Dash

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 stingray, 2002 F-250, 2016 stingray, 2017 BMW M240i,
Congrats, I hope mine follows suit, a couple of weeks later. Cheers