2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

EarlyJK

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 2dr JK
Correction, the one on the left is a JK Rubicon, and below is my old 2003 TJ Rubi, the first year for the Rubicon. But YES each generation shows big improvements as far as I am concerned.

tjrubi.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg
Wow the JK did not even look like a Rubi till I zoomed in on the writing on the hood. The JL definitely looks a lot better stock than the JK or TJ does
Sponsored

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
I ordered 2/10 and have not heard a peep. Assume Iā€™m in D. Iā€™m tricking my mind and saying it will be Aug. anytime sooner is bonus. But reality is...BS, and I do blame the PST. If I could Iā€™d switch to hardtop and buy PST later.
To buy the pst later going to cost you over 2k , compared to 595 option.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Man I still haven't even seen a 2 door in the flesh... gonna make my biweekly drive to the dealer to peep their lot today. While they're closed!

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
Some progress. Hope it doesnā€™t change.

Our resources indicate that your order has been into the Gateline Schedule (D1) status with a build plan timing for the week of June 4th.
I got an email reply that told me the same thing. Keeping my fingers crossed, for both of us.
Remember, May started with a whole bunch of 2doors in D1 :
SafariScreenSnapz172.jpg

But, also remember, the 2doors were just coming on line AND that the numbers are Year-to-Date. Hopefully, the line is up to speed now.

Sponsored

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered 2/10 and have not heard a peep. Assume Iā€™m in D. Iā€™m tricking my mind and saying it will be Aug. anytime sooner is bonus. But reality is...BS, and I do blame the PST. If I could Iā€™d switch to hardtop and buy PST later.
Ordered 1-24-18 rubi w/pst notified last week of week of June 4 buildā€ā™‚

Quigley

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2 door, 2018 Harley Limited 115th Anniversary Edition, 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 diesel
I had to get used to feeling the base thumping through the floor & pedals. It threw me a bit at first with the power it puts out!!:handsinair::dance:
Do you think over time that the speaker will get covered in dust and grit being on the floor? Any way to clean it?

Stinger226

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX2
Ordered 1-24-18 rubi w/pst notified last week of week of June 4 buildā€ā™‚
I'm rooting for you, but I would not believe any of the dates FCA provides you at this point. They still are not caught up yet. Again, though, I hope it turns out to be true.

Stinger226

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX2
Do you think over time that the speaker will get covered in dust and grit being on the floor? Any way to clean it?
I think it is under the back floor cover, so it shouldn't be exposed to that much dirt. You have to lift the back floor to access the woofer is what I saw on pics.

LydiaSP613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Oh I could see that happening for sure, but it wouldnā€™t be a hard clean. Iā€™d say blow it out with forced air & then vacuum it up.

Sponsored

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi/Billet Silver
Hey @Affliction-101 -I see you active on the forum...why aren't you out driving that beast!

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After three years there is some dust/debris in mine, but it's minor. If you're out on the trails, you should probably cover it with a light blanket or sheet, but for day-to-day, it's fine as is. I did have a GPCA cargo cover over it for most of that time-not sure if that helped or not. I'll try to get a picture of mine today so you can all see what it looks like-I turn in my 2015 JKUR tomorrow and will be in a rental until my JL shows up.

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)