2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
Hi all! I’ve been reading and watching those JL forums for a while, but this is my very first post... Officially pledging my allegiance to the 2-door! :rock:
Question: has anybody been able to get a quote on a lease? My salesperson says she can’t run it because the 2-doors aren’t in stock yet. But hey, I’ve waited that long to order, I guess I can wait a while longer...
Hey two door neighbor, I'm in Hillsdale. Unless it's a tax deduction I think you would be much better off buying. There will be a nice two door Sport S arriving soon at Sawyer Motors that I ordered before switching to the Rubi if you are interested.
Sponsored

FLYBOY

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RV10, former Rubicon, CJ7 in workshop for rebuild, 2Door JL ordered
For those of you who are curious, as I was, about what exterior panels are aluminum, here is the result of my magnetic survey of my 2dr. (I never had the opportunity to check a 4dr.);
STEEL:
Rocker panels under doors
Rear fender panels
Small panels that taillights are mounted on
PLASTIC:
Grille
ALUMINUM:
Everything else including; front window frame, rear door, front doors, hood, front fender panels, panel that front window frame hinges on.

Bye the way, all 2dr's have fold flat headrests on the back seat.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Hey OldguyNewJeep, we are in the same boat. What is up with everyone taking delivery of similar builds who ordered after us while we are stuck in D1 Hell?
Who’s in D1? I’m still in D. :(

Sponsored

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tjwallerphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
"Stormie," A Base 2018 Granite Crystal JL Sport 2-door
Occupation
Professional Action Photographer

McBeeve

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Rubicon
Occupation
Facilities Administrator
FWIW, my order does have the steel bumpers and it's built. As of 5:30 yesterday evening it was was showing "pending final inspection".

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon
Hey two door neighbor, I'm in Hillsdale. Unless it's a tax deduction I think you would be much better off buying. There will be a nice two door Sport S arriving soon at Sawyer Motors that I ordered before switching to the Rubi if you are interested.
Thanks for the tip, Fred! And congrats on your Rubicon upgrade. I was about to place my order for a 2-door Sport S at Sawyer Motors this weekend or next (those guys are great). It would be terrific to actually try one. I think I’ll go for the 2.0 Turbo - probably sight unseen as they are still rare in the wild. Thanks again!

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon
PS: I got carried away by the prospect of a real life 2-door and didn’t respond to your other comment... A lease wouldn’t actually be a tax deduction for me, but considering that this will be my first wrangler, Year 1 for the JL, and a brand new Turbo engine, having a good exit strategy doesn’t sound bad just in case - so I’d like to compare the two options before deciding. My salesperson, like you, was very clear that buying is generally the better financial decision for Wranglers. But then again, I’ve been told I have commitment issues ;)

Terry09

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JKU
I got the windows sticker a week ago. Jeep confirmed the build was finished a week ago and it shows in transit on the jeep website. Yet somehow it still has not left for shipping. They have told me the same thing the last 7 days "Your Jeep is beginning the shipping phase and should be leaving soon, there is no current ETA" So frustrating!

Sponsored

Stinger226

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX2
I got the windows sticker a week ago. Jeep confirmed the build was finished a week ago and it shows in transit on the jeep website. Yet somehow it still has not left for shipping. They have told me the same thing the last 7 days "Your Jeep is beginning the shipping phase and should be leaving soon, there is no current ETA" So frustrating!
There is a shipping deal and it is handled third party. They've not slowed production, which has filled the factory lots to the point where they actually have rented nearby overflow parking lots from airports. So, yeah, sipping is taking longer.

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
There is a shipping deal and it is handled third party. They've not slowed production, which has filled the factory lots to the point where they actually have rented nearby overflow parking lots from airports. So, yeah, sipping is taking longer.
We all hope they will get tired of renting so much space and just come up with a solution to move them. This is crazy!

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Just got an email from the dealer, my girl moved to F status, which is paint. Keep fingers crossed for shipping...
Ordered 3/7
Ocean blue rubicon
8 speed auto
Steel bumpers
Black hardtop with liner
Black fenders
I think I put everything in the profile.
I think however all the frills and additions come after paint, is that correct?(liners, bumpers, etc)

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
We all hope they will get tired of renting so much space and just come up with a solution to move them. This is crazy!
FCA really has no control over this. The resources to ship them flat out don't exist. Tell Tesla to get on their fleet of robot trucks. That's our best hope.
Sponsored