BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
A person here who is not a regular but does post a few things. Has reported
me to the Wrangler Forum. He had my post removed and deleted his post.
I DO know who you are I have saved the alert sent to me. I will not post
that. I'm DONE. But I will be watching you. (not zgn)
❄ sounds like someone had their feelings hurt and couldn't deal with it, so they went running to tell
Sponsored

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
Whats it gonna take to get my damn order to at least D1? hahaha

(Wrangler Rubicon JL - Firecracker Red)
Date ordered: 12/27/2018
Current Status: New order
D1 status date: TBD
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: TBD
I recognize the data format from above as coming from the Jeepgarage.org tracking thread. Word of advice, don't rely on either that or this site's tracking spreadsheet for info on when you go to D1. Once your build starts, they're both accurate, but until that point they can miss the D1 event entirely. Instead, try to get weekly POC updates from your dealer since I found that to be the most accurate source for D1 status.

The misreporting of D1 happens only occasionally on the trackers, but I was one. I went straight from D to E on the trackers even though I have the POC printout documenting D1 status three weeks before I went to E. You can see that if you scroll through the various builds being tracked on Jeepgarage.org. You'll see many D1 dates that are either the same or within a day of the build date.

This is a limitation of the database that both this site and Jeepgarage rely on for their service. It's why I signed up for the then free tracking service on this site even though I had the paid one from Jeepgarage. I thought there was an issue in the latter, only to discover that the spreadsheet also misreported my status.

LandaJeep

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas
Latest report from my dealer on Rubi in Granite with V6, PST, Auto, LEDs ordered on 1/12. If any truth to this it’s really annoying. If I had known they were building the turbo before the V6 I would have at least considered it. Of course, who knows if this or anything we hear is true.

Congrats to all those getting built and delivered! Can’t wait to join you!

E23DFF20-90E0-44B5-8D8C-9C94B66A39C3.jpeg

3uPh0riK

First Name
Christiaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Ranger Wildtrak
If I had known they were building the turbo before the V6 I would have at least considered it.
I actually wanted the 2.0 but decided that I didnt want to wait too long since I dont currently have a vehicle. Haha yeah, funny how things work out

dmbikerguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2003 Rubicon (Sold), 2014 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2011 BMW 1M
I actually wanted the 2.0 but decided that I didnt want to wait too long since I dont currently have a vehicle. Haha yeah, funny how things work out
I was interested in the 2.0 but wouldn’t give up my Manual Transmission for it. My V6 Rubi is supposedly built and in inspection as of yesterday, so I don’t see your engine choice holding things up.

Sponsored

jbe89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2/7: 2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door - Black, 6 MT, LED, Cold Weather, Trailer Tow, Steel Bumpers, Hard Top, Headliner, and Alpine
Watch for a 2-door Rubi manual trans review by driving line. https://www.drivingline.com/

The reviewer posted 3 short videos yesterday that have now been deleted. One was of it stuck in the sand up to its frame.

orey22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Jeep Wrangler 2dr / 2019 JL 2dr
As a side note, jeep chat and the order line showed my jeep still not shipped yesterday , but my dealer got it yesterday and i have it. Moral of the story, the best info. seems to be what the dealer says :movember:

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
As a side note, jeep chat and the order line showed my jeep still not shipped yesterday , but my dealer got it yesterday and i have it. Moral of the story, the best info. seems to be what the dealer says :movember:
Not always though because my dealer was saying my Jeep was 6 weeks from being built and the hotline was saying it was done. He insisted they were wrong but turns out they were right.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Okay okay... I won't have it until I get called.

I can't really blame those who got their Jeeps for not posting pictures. I'd be busy driving too.

Sigh... :(

ricku

Threads
Reaction score
All is right with the world !!
My baby arrived yesterday (5/3). (Knippen CDJ in Delphos,Ohio. In the NW part of the state.)
Rubicon
Automatic
Silver with black hardtop, black fenders
LED package
Alpine stereo (yes subwoofer is in the floor)
Not prepped yet I but took it for a quick drive. Very solid, hardtop is quiet (and it was windy), and handling was right on.
Interior is awesome.
Ordered it on January 2nd.

Sponsored

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
Latest report from my dealer on Rubi in Granite with V6, PST, Auto, LEDs ordered on 1/12. If any truth to this it’s really annoying. If I had known they were building the turbo before the V6 I would have at least considered it. Of course, who knows if this or anything we hear is true.

Congrats to all those getting built and delivered! Can’t wait to join you!
Do you know what your dealer means when he says "in the gateline" since I've not heard the term before. I know the gateline is the threshold that you cross to begin the assembly of your vehicle. I've only seen it in reference to "D1" status which is "Gateline - plant has sequenced the unit for production". Once you get that, you're no more than three weeks out from being built.

I'd seek clarity from your dealer to find out exactly what he means. Specifically, is he trying to say you are still in "D" status or that you're in "D1" with some new complication. Also, the turbo comment is highly suspect. The tracking services are showing V6 2Drs as the most common version coming off the line.

zb39

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 5500, 2018 Durango GT AWD, 2015 malibu, GMC 3500 Dump, 70 challenger convertible, 2019 2 door rubicon, manual tranny
All is right with the world !!
My baby arrived yesterday (5/3). (Knippen CDJ in Delphos,Ohio. In the NW part of the state.)
Rubicon
Automatic
Silver with black hardtop, black fenders
LED package
Alpine stereo (yes subwoofer is in the floor)
Not prepped yet I but took it for a quick drive. Very solid, hardtop is quiet (and it was windy), and handling was right on.
Interior is awesome.
Ordered it on January 2nd.
I will be coming thru your part of the state today and Sunday as I run to Mich. I will be keeping a look out. If a green Ram 5500 with Host camper starts following you..........well, now you know

IMG_2367.jpg

Affliction-101

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door Rubicon, 2015 Duramax Highcountry, 2005 TJ rubicon (sold)
Occupation
waiting on my JLR order updates
I recognize the data format from above as coming from the Jeepgarage.org tracking thread. Word of advice, don't rely on either that or this site's tracking spreadsheet for info on when you go to D1. Once your build starts, they're both accurate, but until that point they can miss the D1 event entirely. Instead, try to get weekly POC updates from your dealer since I found that to be the most accurate source for D1 status.

The misreporting of D1 happens only occasionally on the trackers, but I was one. I went straight from D to E on the trackers even though I have the POC printout documenting D1 status three weeks before I went to E. You can see that if you scroll through the various builds being tracked on Jeepgarage.org. You'll see many D1 dates that are either the same or within a day of the build date.

This is a limitation of the database that both this site and Jeepgarage rely on for their service. It's why I signed up for the then free tracking service on this site even though I had the paid one from Jeepgarage. I thought there was an issue in the latter, only to discover that the spreadsheet also misreported my status.
Thanks for the advice, just like a few of us Im getting a little desperate. Last week I almost pulled the trigger on a JLUR at a local dealer, lol
The struggle is real!

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
Thanks for the advice, just like a few of us Im getting a little desperate. Last week I almost pulled the trigger on a JLUR at a local dealer, lol
The struggle is real!
Don't do it! :) If you're like most of us you are waiting for the 2 door for a reason and wouldn't be happy with a JLU. Be strong!

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Our resources indicate your vehicle was ordered with the Premium Sunrider Soft Top. Two-Door Wranglers ordered with this top are anticipated to begin production in mid-May. Our systems show your vehicle is estimated to begin production in mid/late-June. Please keep in mind as this timing is projected, it is subject to change. I will continue to track the status of your 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon order & will provide any updates as they become available. The All-New Wrangler is an epic evolution, where design and technology take a giant leap forward. This Wrangler surges ahead, bringing with it the spirit of freedom and a passion for adventure. We appreciate your patience as we launch this exciting new product. Sincerely, Nicole Jeep Product Information Center

Kind of a bummer, I ordered in February and I get to wait a month from the time they start to have mine start :(

Info from the new phone number. Since I was in d1 for over 60 days they give me a case number with biweekly updates to my email.
Sponsored