Sponsored

2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

XJ-99

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (sold), 2010 Toyota RAV4v6 Limited (sold), 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Mojito!
this was a regular sales person, asked only about 2 door JL wranglers
^^^^
Pretty much like me & my family, I'm usually the last one to find out what's going on. I'm patiently waiting until the two-doors start showing up at the dealerships, just hoping for sooner than later. :)
Sponsored

dmbikerguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2003 Rubicon (Sold), 2014 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2011 BMW 1M
Back in December I inquired about the Coming JL at several dealerships and 2 regular sales people did not know what a JL was. Cannot have much confidence in them.
Back in December when I ordered my sales guy didn’t know what a JL was either. All they sell are Jeeps and he’s been there a long time. Nice guy, but I have always felt like I was educating any salesman I’ve ever bought a vehicle from. That includes BMW dealers.

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
Back in December I inquired about the Coming JL at several dealerships and 2 regular sales people did not know what a JL was. Cannot have much confidence in them.
I had the same experience in Vancouver. When I went to a Jeep dealership in December and asked about the Jeep Wrangler JL I was met with blank stares and the reply: “what’s a JL?”

BAFFIN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR (Ordered)
And with the seat folded too, please! If you feel really adventurous, would be neat to see the dimensions with the seat out too.
@jbe89 I was able to grab two quick measurements, back seats out, for what it's worth (which for me helped me compare to a few things I would be regularly throwing in the back):

Back of driver seat to trunk door - approx 40"
Diagonal length from drivers side front seat to passenger side trunk door - approx 60"

So I'm good for golf clubs hockey gear and dog crates haha

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tjwallerphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
"Stormie," A Base 2018 Granite Crystal JL Sport 2-door
Occupation
Professional Action Photographer
Tired of waiting. Called dealer he asked if I wanted someone to go pick it up at factory (60 to 80 miles)
Of course I said HELL YES!! He will get back to me soon. (yea right). This is the only way I can see to get
it soon as the Shippers have no idea how to ship. We waited for parts and etc. You would think the
shipping dept would have plenty of time to organize. So be it, waited 4 months 1 week won't kill me.
You should have told him that YOU would go get it and they deduct the shipping fee! :like:

Sponsored

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
Back in December when I ordered my sales guy didn’t know what a JL was either. All they sell are Jeeps and he’s been there a long time. Nice guy, but I have always felt like I was educating any salesman I’ve ever bought a vehicle from. That includes BMW dealers.
ive never met a car salesman that new anything about cars!

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
We have waited long enough with the delays. Thats over they are coming off the line.

NOW IT IS THE STUPID SHIPPING SYSTEM!!!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you, and all of us as well. Enough is enough. My order was placed 121 days ago! I have better things to do (well when I get my Jeep I will) than check the order spreadsheet first and last thing each day and look for signs of hope here. Drillionaire said a week ago I was # 15,000 in line and should go to framing May 11. Seems like a lot of orders ahead of me.

jbe89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2/7: 2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door - Black, 6 MT, LED, Cold Weather, Trailer Tow, Steel Bumpers, Hard Top, Headliner, and Alpine
@jbe89 I was able to grab two quick measurements, back seats out, for what it's worth (which for me helped me compare to a few things I would be regularly throwing in the back):

Back of driver seat to trunk door - approx 40"
Diagonal length from drivers side front seat to passenger side trunk door - approx 60"

So I'm good for golf clubs hockey gear and dog crates haha
Thanks!

Claptovaughn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door 6-Speed
I ordered mine back in early February. I've been contacting Jeep Chat periodically and only gotten "the vehicle is in scheduling and awaiting parts to arrive..." or something along those lines. Yesterday, however, the person in the chat said they would "escalate this to their sales department" and they would get in contact w/ me with more details.

Today, I received this email:

"Dear Johnny: I am writing with regards to your 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport order! Please be advised, ordering for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door lineup opened in December, 2017. However; production of the 2-Door lineup did not begin until the second week of April. With that being said, based on your order date of 02/05/2018; our resources indicate your vehicle is slated to begin production the first week of June, 2018. Please keep in mind as this timing is projected, it is subject to change. I will continue to track the status of your 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport order & provide any and all updates as they become available. We appreciate your patience as we launch this exciting new product.

Sincerely, Nicole Jeep Product Information Center
"

Assuming they actually start building in early June, I should be expecting to have it in Southern California by...July?

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
It's all builds - JL and JLU. Current production is around 900 Wranglers per day which means there were approximately 17 days of production before Fred's build would cross the gateline. That's from the date he was given the estimate last week.

Sponsored

cfenoglio

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 2dr Rubicon, 2017 4dr rubicon, ordered a 2018JL 2dr rubicon
I'd be curious, I was told I was 15,000 too, with a May 18th estimated build.

jbe89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2/7: 2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door - Black, 6 MT, LED, Cold Weather, Trailer Tow, Steel Bumpers, Hard Top, Headliner, and Alpine
I was told I’m 12,000th in line and go into production 5/7. My guess is that it means 12,000th for the month of May for both 2-doors and 4-doors.

Scott1911

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2 Door Unicorn
I was told I’m 12,000th in line and go into production 5/7. My guess is that it means 12,000th for the month of May for both 2-doors and 4-doors.
All those numbers are relative to the “instant” he replied to you.

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tjwallerphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
"Stormie," A Base 2018 Granite Crystal JL Sport 2-door
Occupation
Professional Action Photographer
I ordered mine back in early February. I've been contacting Jeep Chat periodically and only gotten "the vehicle is in scheduling and awaiting parts to arrive..." or something along those lines. Yesterday, however, the person in the chat said they would "escalate this to their sales department" and they would get in contact w/ me with more details.

Today, I received this email:

"Dear Johnny: I am writing with regards to your 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport order! Please be advised, ordering for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door lineup opened in December, 2017. However; production of the 2-Door lineup did not begin until the second week of April. With that being said, based on your order date of 02/05/2018; our resources indicate your vehicle is slated to begin production the first week of June, 2018. Please keep in mind as this timing is projected, it is subject to change. I will continue to track the status of your 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport order & provide any and all updates as they become available. We appreciate your patience as we launch this exciting new product.

Sincerely, Nicole Jeep Product Information Center
"

Assuming they actually start building in early June, I should be expecting to have it in Southern California by...July?
I received the EXACT same email from Nicole - word for word - on Monday. The only thing different in it was my order date of 2/1/18.
Sponsored