Sponsored

2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Great post!!
I'm interested in knowing how to disable the chime! Any how-to videos or instructions?
I don't know what a Tazer JL is; is that what disables the chime?
I'm not at liberty to talk up or down any products on this forum or I would go on a rant and tell you lots of positive things in regard to the Tazer JL. Suggest you do a forum search using the words Tazer JL.

Yes, the Tazer JL easily disables the chime and lots, lots more... BUT, if all you want to do is to disable the chime then do read here for a no cost way that works for some.. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/disable-seat-belt-chime.3521/

Sponsored

Sydneytola

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner OffRoad; 2018 JL 2 Door, Ordered 1/24
Great post!!
I'm interested in knowing how to disable the chime! Anyway to do it without the use of the Tazer JL?
The Tazer JL is a dongle that you plug in to the Jeep computer. It allows you to customize all of the settings of the Jeep. Gear ratios, tire size, ESS, sound indicators, etc. It sounds pretty awesome because all of the work is done through the onboard touchscreen.

km58501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
For you guys/gals waiting for your 2 drs...

Well you know I got my a week ago today.. Just wanted to mention a few things..

• The fold-able rear headrests are absolutely TERRIFIC!
  • Little LED light in the cargo area really is a plus
  • Best rear wiper ever on a Wrangler. Does not obstruct view. Wiper stays up when you lift it up when cleaning window
  • Rear wiper fluid dripped but a small whole in fluid reservoir cap seems to have cured that issue on my JL
  • Steering is a tad looser then the 2 dr. JK. I found that having tire psi @ 36# really minimizes the issue
  • Air noise when driving is similar to the JK's. If you were used to driving a Prius or a Honda you'd swear there was an issue
  • Glove box is narrower and deeper
  • Self dimming rear view mirror (optional) is very compared to the similar offering on the JK
  • Alpine sound on the JL 2dr. shines in comparison to the upgraded sound pkg. in the JK
  • Google Maps and Waze displaying/working on the 8.4 Infotainment Center (optional) is the hoot! Terrific and works well
  • When hand drying (I use leaf blower first) the 2 dr. JL there are far fewer obstacles/grabby points that affect the towel
  • 8 speed Auto is real nice
  • This 3.6L really puts the older 3.6L to shame in regard to pickup... get up and go....
  • Windows on JL are larger then the JK's so outside is more viewable & inside is brighter
  • Heating/Cooling and controls of same are very well implemented. Sync'ed driver/passenger is real nice
  • I'm 6' tall and lots of driver's leg room, etc.. Lots if head room
  • At speeds above 60 mph, no more hood buffering
  • LED headlights are way bright... real nice. Thanks to Tazer JL, I can use fogs with brights for real bright lighting in deer country
  • Remote Proximity (optional) works well
  • ESS sucked terribly! Disable it easily with the Tazer JL
  • Center console cup holders are way way nicer then on the JK
  • Rubicon 2dr. ride is not that much more rough then a 2 dr. Sahara JK
  • Operating front seats forward and backward is a learning process.
  • Little release handle on top of front seats does the job but careful it seems flimsy
  • All welds, paint and such on my JL are aok with visual inspection
  • Real muffler stands out like a sore thumb but is easily paint-able. You do not need to use heat proof paint
  • Back-up camera working well at 50 mi. on odometer
  • Tazer JL easily disables annoying seat belt chime, Nav restrictions, Backup camera when moving forward restriction and more
  • Wheel well plastics are very accessible, cover well and very easy to clean
  • Tow package 4 and 7 pin box on back (optional) is very nice and not flimsy/cheapy
  • Leather seats (optional) very comfortable with very good back support
  • Center console release levers are separated differently and easier to feel for / use in comparison to the JK's
  • Front seat belts retract more forcefully then on the JK which is a plus
  • Side view mirror adjusters are way better in regard to their placement
  • Sirius XM reception drops in and out far more then on the Jk
  • Remote Start with FOB (optional) Distance and still remote start is very very good
  • Doors close very very easy in comparison to the Jk. No more slamming necessary
  • Doors stay open when you open them. No more slamming door on your leg
  • New hood retainers are good, but you have to watch when you lower the hood or you capture the catch part of the mechanism
Great write-up. Thanks

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To all future JL 2dr. owners... If you have any specific questions, want say measurements, need a pic etc. just ask and I will try to provide. I can't talk up or down specific product offerings so do a forum search for info on same....

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@km58501

Forgot to put on that list, that the 2dr. JL is a real Fox magnet....

llll.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

salbass

First Name
Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door
Certainly happy for all of those who have received their long awaited Jeep Jls. Just curious, how many of us that ordered in 2017, some 120+ days ago, remain in the twilight zone?
Ordered on 12/29. My vehicle was built and pending final inspection on 4/18. Was informed last Friday that it had failed inspection and a clone was being built. As of today the parts have not yet been ordered as per the snarky guy on the 877 number (albeit I'm not sure that is correct). Wondering how I could possibly give any money to this company that has not demonstrated any competence in the building process or customer service.

P W S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X
wac1 Is correct. I have been in KZ since April 24th. 28 days. Then 4 days ago KZL. Last night KZS. Oh well sooner or later most likely later.
I do know I have won the Jeep Lottery for the longest in KZ. :giggle:
Now I believe this dubious honor may belong to me, entering KZ the same day, but with mine still stuck in Lorain OH. At the moment it's very hard to be impressed with whomever is responsible for delivery logistics, or maybe the problem is there isn't.

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi/Billet Silver
For you guys/gals waiting for your 2 drs...

Well you know I got my a week ago today.. Just wanted to mention a few things..

• The fold-able rear headrests are absolutely TERRIFIC!
  • Little LED light in the cargo area really is a plus
  • Best rear wiper ever on a Wrangler. Does not obstruct view. Wiper stays up when you lift it up when cleaning window
  • Rear wiper fluid dripped but a small whole in fluid reservoir cap seems to have cured that issue on my JL
  • Steering is a tad looser then the 2 dr. JK. I found that having tire psi @ 36# really minimizes the issue
  • Air noise when driving is similar to the JK's. If you were used to driving a Prius or a Honda you'd swear there was an issue
  • Glove box is narrower and deeper
  • Self dimming rear view mirror (optional) is very compared to the similar offering on the JK
  • Alpine sound on the JL 2dr. shines in comparison to the upgraded sound pkg. in the JK
  • Google Maps and Waze displaying/working on the 8.4 Infotainment Center (optional) is the hoot! Terrific and works well
  • When hand drying (I use leaf blower first) the 2 dr. JL there are far fewer obstacles/grabby points that affect the towel
  • 8 speed Auto is real nice
  • This 3.6L really puts the older 3.6L to shame in regard to pickup... get up and go....
  • Windows on JL are larger then the JK's so outside is more viewable & inside is brighter
  • Heating/Cooling and controls of same are very well implemented. Sync'ed driver/passenger is real nice
  • I'm 6' tall and lots of driver's leg room, etc.. Lots if head room
  • At speeds above 60 mph, no more hood buffering
  • LED headlights are way bright... real nice. Thanks to Tazer JL, I can use fogs with brights for real bright lighting in deer country
  • Remote Proximity (optional) works well
  • ESS sucked terribly! Disable it easily with the Tazer JL
  • Center console cup holders are way way nicer then on the JK
  • Rubicon 2dr. ride is not that much more rough then a 2 dr. Sahara JK
  • Operating front seats forward and backward is a learning process.
  • Little release handle on top of front seats does the job but careful it seems flimsy
  • All welds, paint and such on my JL are aok with visual inspection
  • Real muffler stands out like a sore thumb but is easily paint-able. You do not need to use heat proof paint
  • Back-up camera working well at 50 mi. on odometer
  • Tazer JL easily disables annoying seat belt chime, Nav restrictions, Backup camera when moving forward restriction and more
  • Wheel well plastics are very accessible, cover well and very easy to clean
  • Tow package 4 and 7 pin box on back (optional) is very nice and not flimsy/cheapy
  • Leather seats (optional) very comfortable with very good back support
  • Center console release levers are separated differently and easier to feel for / use in comparison to the JK's
  • Front seat belts retract more forcefully then on the JK which is a plus
  • Side view mirror adjusters are way better in regard to their placement
  • Sirius XM reception drops in and out far more then on the Jk
  • Remote Start with FOB (optional) Distance and still remote start is very very good
  • Doors close very very easy in comparison to the Jk. No more slamming necessary
  • Doors stay open when you open them. No more slamming door on your leg
  • New hood retainers are good, but you have to watch when you lower the hood or you capture the catch part of the mechanism
Awesome job on a full breakdown of impressions-I really appreciate it. Affords me a bit more patience as I continue to wait. THANKS @Rhinebeck01!!!

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered on 12/29. My vehicle was built and pending final inspection on 4/18. Was informed last Friday that it had failed inspection and a clone was being built. As of today the parts have not yet been ordered as per the snarky guy on the 877 number (albeit I'm not sure that is correct). Wondering how I could possibly give any money to this company that has not demonstrated any competence in the building process or customer service.
this is terrible. on the positive side they didnt sell you the one that failed. sadly you would think they could fast track you though. where else you gonna get a 2 door convertible that wheels?

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Great post!!
I'm interested in knowing how to disable the chime! Anyway to do it without the use of the Tazer JL?
I dont have mine yet to confirm but I found this months ago

Screenshot_20180205-082940.png

Sponsored

jasceni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Ocean Blue
This is unreal, just got my window sticker and I hope my 2 door is the one they needed to get the rest of the ones waiting in shipping limbo up to the Boston area.

Just hope I get a eta soon so I can start trying to sell my TJ

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
This is unreal, just got my window sticker and I hope my 2 door is the one they needed to get the rest of the ones waiting in shipping limbo up to the Boston area.

Just hope I get a eta soon so I can start trying to sell my TJ
i'm guessing no steel bumper group? i ordered 1 day after you and i've sherlock holmes'ed it down to steel bumper group that has delayed me from your order and a few others in our timeframe. only other differences i think are safety, granite, mtx, infotainment, wheels, blk leather.

and when did you hit d1?

jca3030

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None; waiting on 2018 JLR
i'm guessing no steel bumper group? i ordered 1 day after you and i've sherlock holmes'ed it down to steel bumper group that has delayed me from your order and a few others in our timeframe. only other differences i think are safety, granite, mtx, infotainment, wheels, blk leather.

and when did you hit d1?
I also just got my window sticker today. Full build details in signature, but I do have the steel bumpers, safety and infotainment, so they weren't a hold up for me. Ordered 4/25, D1 4/28 according to tracking, but that tracking still shows me as D1, so not sure what that story is. I didn't ask my dealer for an updated POC until 5/3 because I didn't think anything would be changed, so that is the earliest I can 100% confirm myself D1.

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi/Billet Silver
PLEASE-If everyone with a PST that are in D1 or later, please respond to this ASAP with ALL of your order info, date, current status, etc. I just saw an email from the California distribution center to my dealer stating my vehicle can't be built until July. I need a clear list of you all so I can fight this.

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
PLEASE-If everyone with a PST that are in D1 or later, please respond to this ASAP with ALL of your order info, date, current status, etc. I just saw an email from the California distribution center to my dealer stating my vehicle can't be built until July. I need a clear list of you all so I can flight this.
good luck in your flight

download.jpg
Sponsored