Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for this news!

Can you also ask this person if he or she will be able to send this kit all over the world?
Sponsored

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
spoke to the main work dude at jeep dealership, was saying catch can is a thing of the past for the JL due to the adblue keeping the manifold clean. This been said personal I have no clue about adblue.
You might want to find somewhere else to take your Jeep for servicing if the main service guy thinks adblue will stop build up on the back of your intake valves. Adblue is injected into the exhaust system no the intake. Catch cans reduce the amount oil from the crankcase venting getting back into the intake.

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for this news!

Can you also ask this person if he or she will be able to send this kit all over the world?
I'd say you'll be able to order it but shipping may be expensive. The other issue that I've noticed is that nearly everything on our RHD JLs is located in a different spot to the LHD ones so a catch can solution for ours in Australia might not bolt up to a LHD version.

Sponsored

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say you'll be able to order it but shipping may be expensive. The other issue that I've noticed is that nearly everything on our RHD JLs is located in a different spot to the LHD ones so a catch can solution for ours in Australia might not bolt up to a LHD version.
I hadn't thought about the different side of the steering wheel location.

Well, once the kit is "created" I'm willing to test a modification if necessary :like:

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hadn't thought about the different side of the steering wheel location.

Well, once the kit is "created" I'm willing to test a modification if necessary :like:
I'm going to see him this Friday to do measurements. Can you post a photo of your engine bay so I can see what differences there are.

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OK I'm going to go take some pictures as soon as possible, thanks for your help. :like:

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got some bad news to report. There isn't enough space under the bonnet of the RHD JL to fit a catch can. Tried off the shelf ProVent 150 and 200 as well as a prototype that he's working on that uses the 150 filter in a billet housing (still circular but physically smaller than the 150). There are some spaces lower in the engine bay that it might physically fit but with the over pressure vent on them they have to be mounted high otherwise you risk ingesting water. He has taken photos and will look again but he said at this stage without going to a custom, specifically shaped, housing then it doesn't look like he'll go ahead. Custom housing would likely be $1,000 per kit and that is if he could guarantee 100 kits to justify the set up to make them.

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What very bad news, because indeed 1000$ is too expensive, at least for me :(

Sponsored

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
Horsepower factory in Melbourne advised the same no room for a catchcan unless behind the inner guard but would have to take it off first to get a better idea if there is room...

Dan789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler 2020
Just bringing this back up. Did anyone ever get this sorted?
Looking to try something here but I can't see the crankcase breather for the life of me. If you look at SwissSteph's photo above, where would the crankcase breather be. It doesn't appear to have the hose coming back into the top like the photo on page 1 provided.

Dan789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler 2020
I did take the cover off but there was not much that I could notice under there. Maybe I am going blind. The photo posted on the previous page does not relate to our engine. That hose is just not there. I am looking at the intake pre turbo and can't see the breather in there.

Any ideas?
Sponsored