My new Rubicon 2.2 Diesel MPG L/100

Aage

First Name
Aki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2020, 2.2L diesel
Drove my new Rubicon to the northwestern part of my country ( Iceland) few days ago. I mostly spent my time on around 50 to 70 mph ( legal limit is only 60mph ) on the roads here. Drove total of 800miles during the trip , over mountains, very bad tracks and dirt roads. Surpriced of how little fuel it uses. The trip computer gave me 7.5L/100km or somewhere close to 30mpg.
Sponsored

Last edited:

EU_Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JLUR 2.2 EcoDiesel
Despite what the Fiat detractors would say, the 2.2 Multijet II is a very good engine for the Wrangler, with high torque / power and low consumption.

Actually, it has been proven more reliable than the previous 3.0 EcoDiesel generation so will see what happens with the new 3.0 one...

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Despite what the Fiat detractors would say, the 2.2 Multijet II is a very good engine for the Wrangler, with high torque / power and low consumption.

Actually, it has been proven more reliable than the previous 3.0 EcoDiesel generation so will see what happens with the new 3.0 one...
I drive pretty slow and get about 8.5-9l on my Rubicon.
The 2.2 is so much better than the 2.8, which was ridiculously slow and unrefined.

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
I drive pretty slow and get about 8.5-9l on my Rubicon.
The 2.2 is so much better than the 2.8, which was ridiculously slow and unrefined.
My 2.8JK averaged 9.88L/100 over the time entire time I had it.

Sponsored

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
I've done a little over 7,000km and am averaging 11.7l/100km. Most of my driving is in traffic and my right foot makes lead seem like a feather. I'm also running 35s. I can get mid to low 8s on a highway trip at 110 - 120km/h so if I dropped some speed I could probably dip under 8..

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Drove my new Rubicon to the northwestern part of my country ( Iceland) few days ago. I mostly spent my time on around 50 to 70 mph ( legal limit is only 60mph ) on the roads here. Drove total of 800miles during the trip , over mountains, very bad tracks and dirt roads. Surpriced of how little fuel it uses. The trip computer gave me 7.5L/100km or somewhere close to 30mpg.
Pics or it didnt happen ;)

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
I sure wish we could get the 2.2 in the States, esp in the 2dr.....seems it would be a great fit..

Sponsored

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
Guys, you most probably all know the only proper way to measure your consumption - refill up to full tank, reset TripA/B counter , during next refilling again up to full tank check the liters and divide with kilometers on the TripA/B counter. The board computer is not very accurate and more optimistic usually.
Using this technique, spending in town/on highway approx. 60/40 , and doing off-road trips I get around 12 l/100 km. Of course the consumption dramatically drops on the highway if youā€™re going 90-110 km/h without pushing it hard, but Iā€™d really need to reset the consumption meter before highway trip to see 7-8 l/100 km - Iā€™ve never seen less than 10, most probably because thereā€™s always some nice wheeling in the end of my trip ))). Off-road consumption is above 20 l/100km I believe in the moment, or even more. I should also mention that this engine is providing not the best dynamics, so I often have to push it especially for overtaking, entering highway, etc.
Iā€™m quite happy with my choice so far, but Iā€™d appreciate larger fuel tank, less AdBlue consumption and less noise :CWL:
P.S. My Jeep's got some extra weight with steel bumpers, winch, front skid plate, RSE power steps. I run 315/70r17 tires, and Iā€™ve got the pedal boost adapter - all these factors contribute into consumption as well I believe.

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How is your AdBlue consumption?

I am close to 5.000 kms and its around 70% left
I have already added first 10 liters at less than 3'000 km mileage... And during my first service at 6'000 km this february they added more (I don't know how much exactly though). A lot of people with this engine experience a high consumption of AdBlue for unknown reason. Since I have 2 more diesel cars in the family I can't blame fuel or something else for that, as I added AdBlue for the very first time to my wife's X3 30D at around 25'000 km mileage šŸ˜Ž

EU_Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JLUR 2.2 EcoDiesel
I have already added first 10 liters at less than 3'000 km mileage... And during my first service at 6'000 km this february they added more (I don't know how much exactly though). A lot of people with this engine experience a high consumption of AdBlue for unknown reason. Since I have 2 more diesel cars in the family I can't blame fuel or something else for that, as I added AdBlue for the very first time to my wife's X3 30D at around 25'000 km mileage šŸ˜Ž
Yeah that sounds like a lot of AdBlue consumption; maybe if you do short trips or drive much in the city?
I would expect more like fill in the tank every 20.000 kms or so... so lets see!

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah that sounds like a lot of AdBlue consumption; maybe if you do short trips or drive much in the city?
I would expect more like fill in the tank every 20.000 kms or so... so lets see!
Well, it's kinda strange to me too, but some people here from the UK and other countries also observe the same. You might be right about short trips, on the other hand we have a highway all along the island, and it's very convenient to use it even to get from one part of the city to another, so I'd doubt this is the reason. And again other cars do not show any unusual consumption. Anyways, since 10 ltrs of AdBlue cost around 12 euro here I don't mind, it's just a bit surprising compared to other vehicles I own/ed.
Sponsored