First Name
Commander Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2.2 diesel Rubicon
Occupation
Multihull Consultant, Automotive Drive Consultant
Has anyone set up an oil Catch Can on their JL 2.2 diesel yet, if so can you show us your set up and where you connected the pipes and what style and brand of Catch Can did you decided to use and where did you mount it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Multihull

Multihull

First Name
Commander Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2.2 diesel Rubicon
Occupation
Multihull Consultant, Automotive Drive Consultant
Has anyone set up an oil Catch Can on their JL 2.2 diesel yet, if so can you show us your set up and where you connected the pipes and what style and brand of Catch Can did you decided to use and where did you mount it.
I must be the first diesel owner to think of this add on & correction. Still waiting for feed back and thoughts.

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
spoke to the main work dude at jeep dealership, was saying catch can is a thing of the past for the JL due to the adblue keeping the manifold clean. This been said personal I have no clue about adblue.

Thegrants82

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I have one on my 2.0 and also on my WRX with a 2.0. Don’t listen to people who say you don’t need it. All DI turbos. Hell even the V-6 benefits. Nuts that oil separators are not OEM.

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
I go back up this topic, did anyone manage to find the right kit and photos of the montage to share here :)

Sponsored

manrajf

First Name
Manraj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 2018 Overland
I just got my JLU 2.2 a few days ago and as with every other modern turbo diesel i have owned the first thing has always to get a Provent catch can, however while doing some digging online and under the hood i cant find any information whatsoever as to where it goes and where the pipes are located etc

EU_Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JLUR 2.2 EcoDiesel
According to my experience with previous catch cans (provent), in the 2.2 Multijet II I believe you should connect it in the middle of this hose between the pcv on top of the valve cover and the intake.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.2 diesel Catch Can Inked2.2d_LI

Thegrants82

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
That’s looks like the correct location
According to my experience with previous catch cans (provent), in the 2.2 Multijet II I believe you should connect it in the middle of this hose between the pcv on top of the valve cover and the intake.

manrajf

First Name
Manraj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 2018 Overland

Cheers for that, Il give it another shot when it stops raining here!

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
Really keen to find out how you went installing the catch can. Particularly;
* Where to mount. Assuming there is no specific bracket.
* Is the connection point above confirmed as correct?

Sponsored

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nobody has made this modification in Australia? yet it's very hot and I guess it's a very good modification.

If anyone has any info, thanks for sharing.

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
Nobody has made this modification in Australia? yet it's very hot and I guess it's a very good modification.

If anyone has any info, thanks for sharing.
I have made a number of enquiries with different companies. At this point in time, no one does a kit for the JL 2.2 diesel. They all recommend a universal kit, but that leaves me trying to find somewhere to mount the can. Then I came across an article that says catch cans are only beneficial for retuned vehicles and the addition of one would impact the warranty should there be any engine issues. Really don't know where to go with this now. Dropped down the priority list.

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for your feedback.

The warranty problem is normal, as soon as you touch the slightest thing the manufacturers do everything to relieve the slightest worry, they would be ready to say that "the change of the rear bumper caused the problem to the engine".

I will also put this idea of improvement in low priority, alas.

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
I have made a number of enquiries with different companies. At this point in time, no one does a kit for the JL 2.2 diesel. They all recommend a universal kit, but that leaves me trying to find somewhere to mount the can. Then I came across an article that says catch cans are only beneficial for retuned vehicles and the addition of one would impact the warranty should there be any engine issues. Really don't know where to go with this now. Dropped down the priority list.
I have to pull my finger out and get in contact with a guy that I know. He makes kits for other diesels and said he'd be happy to use mine to prototype a kit for the JL. He used my last car to make prototype downpipes for the Mk6 Golf R.
Sponsored