Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
It is however a 2.2 Diesel sold in Europe with left-hand drive ... I did not make it alone ;)
Sponsored

mnicho29

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2.2 Rubicon
Has anyone set up an oil Catch Can on their JL 2.2 diesel yet, if so can you show us your set up and where you connected the pipes and what style and brand of Catch Can did you decided to use and where did you mount it.
Has anyone set up an oil Catch Can on their JL 2.2 diesel yet, if so can you show us your set up and where you connected the pipes and what style and brand of Catch Can did you decided to use and where did you mount it.
Have you checked the inlet manifold to see if you actually have any carbon build up? If a modern diesel spends enough time running at optimum temps there should be no build up unless something is actually wrong with the engine. So, really, unless you are doing lots of stop/start driving and only short trips, a catch can is just a money grab.

Certainly never needed one on my old 2.8 over 10 years, non of my work cars have ever needed them, and I don’t expect to need one on the 2.2 as it gets plenty on long drives at optimum temps. Blow by should only occur for a short time when the engine is cold.

OP
OP
Multihull

Multihull

First Name
Commander Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2.2 diesel Rubicon
Occupation
Multihull Consultant, Automotive Drive Consultant
2 years on and noone has got an answer on where to get a Catch Can kit for the 2.2 , sad.

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And, alas, probably never, as this engine is no longer offered, so no tuner is going to waste his time developing a modification that only a few interested people will buy.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Just out of curiosity, why do you feel the need to add a catch can to your engine?
Then engine is either going to last or it isn't. A catch can will not be the deciding factor. That will be down to getting lucky in terms of a good manufacturing day and ensuring you have done your proper maintenance. You would be better served spending that money on something with more tangible benefits. Like black jack and hookers.

Check out this fellow.

Sponsored

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for sharing :like:, even though I don't speak English and have to put subtitles in my language. I'm now thinking of completely abandoning the idea of putting a "Catch can" :)

On the other hand, I'm really worried about the other problem ... cabonation (I'm not sure of my translation for this word, sorry).

Now I'm looking for any advice on this word "carbonation" ...

OP
OP
Multihull

Multihull

First Name
Commander Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2.2 diesel Rubicon
Occupation
Multihull Consultant, Automotive Drive Consultant
I have to pull my finger out and get in contact with a guy that I know. He makes kits for other diesels and said he'd be happy to use mine to prototype a kit for the JL. He used my last car to make prototype downpipes for the Mk6 Golf R.
I'm very interested, how do I place an order?
Any idea on a price?
Sponsored