BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
UPDATE!
Had the battery load tested and it came back with only 460 CCA. So the 12V battery was dying and the jeep was using the 48v to start the engine.

Purchased a new H7 Yellow top from Advanced Auto Parts and that has seemed to cure the issue. Now however the 8.4 UConnect is missing some functionality (advanced climate control, XM, and Offroad pages). Other threads say that will come back after a couple of starts.

Thanks for the input from everyone
Awesome man! Thanks for the closure. After I installed Aux switches I had the dealer flash done to enable them. Not sure if it was the 2 hours or 3 restarts but they finally showed up in uConnect. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
UPDATE!
Had the battery load tested and it came back with only 460 CCA. So the 12V battery was dying and the jeep was using the 48v to start the engine.

Purchased a new H7 Yellow top from Advanced Auto Parts and that has seemed to cure the issue. Now however the 8.4 UConnect is missing some functionality (advanced climate control, XM, and Offroad pages). Other threads say that will come back after a couple of starts.

@Catiajockey

Yup, after a couple/few on and off cycles / in time ORP, etc. will return. You can speed up the process if you want... With the engine running pull fuse F97 for 10 seconds and then plug the fuse back in... This causes UCONNECT to reboot and 99% of the time it will get ORP, etc. back, right then.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0 Etorque 48V battery not charging F97 fuse marked

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
UPDATE!

this is good to know. I had a real shit experience with the aux setup in my 2018 and got a 2021 with eTorque hoping it would be better. I can accept the 12v batteries are crap, as those are easy enough to deal with. I would have been really upset hearing about the 48v being the culprit.

OP
OP
Catiajockey

Catiajockey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon unlimited
@Catiajockey

Yup, after a couple/few on and off cycles / in time ORP, etc. will return. You can speed up the process if you want... With the engine running pull fuse F97 for 10 seconds and then plug the fuse back in... This causes UCONNECT to reboot and 99% of the time it will get ORP, etc. back, right then.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0 Etorque 48V battery not charging F97 fuse marked
good to know, I was so used to it working I had a real WTF moment when it reverted to so worse version of itself
Sponsored