First Name
Vijay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Hi guys ..

hope you are all doing good .

I'm new to wrangler ..i traded in my 2012 Grand Cherokee for a 2018 Rubicon .it was used with 15k miles on it.
there is a metal on metal sound coming from tailgate area upon further investigation found that it is coming from tailgate latch .

I searched through the forum and found some topics related to that issue and tried to follow what others have said like adjusting the latch ..tried to play with it a little moving it up and down now the sound has reduced (still comes when going over bumps) but the tail gate is now hard to shut .

Also some have said that they got this same issue after detailing.mine was detailed by the dealer when it was delivered im not sure what to check for here

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Vj
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Hi guys ..

hope you are all doing good .

I'm new to wrangler ..i traded in my 2012 Grand Cherokee for a 2018 Rubicon .it was used with 15k miles on it.
there is a metal on metal sound coming from tailgate area upon further investigation found that it is coming from tailgate latch .

I searched through the forum and found some topics related to that issue and tried to follow what others have said like adjusting the latch ..tried to play with it a little moving it up and down now the sound has reduced (still comes when going over bumps) but the tail gate is now hard to shut .

Also some have said that they got this same issue after detailing.mine was detailed by the dealer when it was delivered im not sure what to check for here

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Vj
Let the dealer fix it under warranty.

debandi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 door Jeep Rubicon
A little white Lithium grease on the latch mechanism stopped mine from making the same noise.