Sponsored

Ya'll will probably hate me, but here goes...

Jeeper Fever

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2-Door Manual JLR

Jeeper Fever

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2-Door Manual JLR
OK, ya'll have been asking, so this is what I'm looking at. Let me know what you think!
https://www.hartsvillecdjr.com/new/Jeep/2020-Jeep-Gladiator-784dd0000a0e0adf53396c7412efc466.htm
I just realized that this is a Wrangler forum and that there's a Gladiator forum. But it's too late to jump forums now, huh...
The Gladiator looks good, just make sure it has the options you want.

May as well introduce yourself over on the Gladiator forums, and keep chatting over here with us short Jeeps. Can't hurt!

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
OK, ya'll have been asking, so this is what I'm looking at. Let me know what you think!
https://www.hartsvillecdjr.com/new/Jeep/2020-Jeep-Gladiator-784dd0000a0e0adf53396c7412efc466.htm
I think that that cheap ass dealership didnt post 1 picture of the actual truck. I am a highly judgmental and selfish person, and owning both does not bother me in the least - anyway. If i saw it on a site with nothing but mfg pics i make the assumption they are a lazy ass dealership which leads to the assumption that they aren’t hungry/willing to do things that make me happy = I’d move to another dealership. Again, i am selfish, judgmental, and impulsive and make a lot of decisions based on those flaws. If you are not any of those, then that looks like a nice truck, that you cant really see

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Looks like a decent price as long as there are no dealer add ons.

I just realized that this is a Wrangler forum and that there's a Gladiator forum. But it's too late to jump forums now, huh...
That’s ok, we’re glad to have you. I have both a JL and a Gladiator parked in the garage, and honestly, you can’t go wrong with either. Post up pics of what you eventually buy.

Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
I think that that cheap ass dealership didnt post 1 picture of the actual truck. I am a highly judgmental and selfish person, and owning both does not bother me in the least - anyway. If i saw it on a site with nothing but mfg pics i make the assumption they are a lazy ass dealership which leads to the assumption that they aren’t hungry/willing to do things that make me happy = I’d move to another dealership. Again, i am selfish, judgmental, and impulsive and make a lot of decisions based on those flaws. If you are not any of those, then that looks like a nice truck, that you cant really see
Maybe it in transit? That’s the way ours was listed on the dealer website because it hadn’t arrived yet. Or, they are lazy bastards like you said. It does annoy me not getting to see the real photos.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
My local dealers carry more 4 cylinder Wranglers than 6. Why? I'd have never thought that a 4 cylinder would climb even the smallest hill. I guess they're popular...
It is the exact opposite of that. They are the least popular and what you are seeing is what's left after everyone bought the 6 cyls on the lot. If it were me in the market for a Gladiator, I'd order one and get a diesel.

BTW, JK is the "code name" for the previous generation of Wrangler. JL is the current generation of Wrangler. JT is the Gladiator.

Rubicon trim is the only choice if you want to take your new truck off road and you live somewhere it gets muddy or snows a lot. That is unless you are into modding. Then get any trim and add aftermarket locker$ and upgraded axle$ and ... but, it sound like you'll only keep it for a year. So you won't have time to mod the crap out of it. Just get the Rubi and be done.

Loki Kai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Don't buy anything with "dealer added options" such as lift kit, wheels, bumpers, etc. You can do all of these MUCH cheaper than what a dealer will charge you.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I have an 18’ Unlimited Sport with 23k miles and I’m only down 3.5k on value compared to what I paid according to NADA & KBB.

It depends on your locality which has been widely discussed here. In my case everything is as smooth as silk here for me. Hasn’t depreciated at all.

Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
It is the exact opposite of that. They are the least popular and what you are seeing is what's left after everyone bought the 6 cyls on the lot. If it were me in the market for a Gladiator, I'd order one and get a diesel.

BTW, JK is the "code name" for the previous generation of Wrangler. JL is the current generation of Wrangler. JT is the Gladiator.

Rubicon trim is the only choice if you want to take your new truck off road and you live somewhere it gets muddy or snows a lot. That is unless you are into modding. Then get any trim and add aftermarket locker$ and upgraded axle$ and ... but, it sound like you'll only keep it for a year. So you won't have time to mod the crap out of it. Just get the Rubi and be done.
Cosmo, I searched high and low for sales figures, 4 cylinder vs 6. I couldn’t find any. I was told by a friend of mine, a salesman at a Jeep dealership, that FCA was “pushing” the 4 and sending more of those than the 6 to dealer lots. That doesn’t sound right to me. Can you please point me towards some hard numbers? I’m really curious about this!

FWIW, I have taken my Sport into some really deep mud and sugar sand and I have yet to get stuck (other than a very deep sugar sand hill that was quite steep this Saturday - yet I made it FARTHER than some of the Rubicons that attempted it; I had to be pulled off of the very top of the hill). I did, however, replace the stock tires with Toyo 33s, which I’m sure made a difference.
Sponsored