DaveN007

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have the LED lighting package. I want even brighter reverse lights. I ordered the LED 1000 Lumen upgrade, but now I am wondering if it is only for upgrading non-LED lights. Yes, I should have figured this out before ordering. Thoughts on upgrading existing LED bulbs? If that isn’t a good idea, what’s the best “integrated” solution? I have the factory auxiliary switches. ;-)
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I have the LED lighting package. I want even brighter reverse lights. I ordered the LED 1000 Lumen upgrade, but now I am wondering if it is only for upgrading non-LED lights. Yes, I should have figured this out before ordering. Thoughts on upgrading existing LED bulbs? If that isn’t a good idea, what’s the best “integrated” solution? I have the factory auxiliary switches. ;-)
I just put a small bar on the underside of my plastic bumper cover, much better than the weak LED reverse light
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...t-bar-on-jl-sport-plastic-bumper-cover.31728/

m453w

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I added a pair of Ignite backup light cubes underneath my rear bumper. They are wired in with the two diode solution mentioned throughout the threads so they come on by going into reverse or manually switched via an Aux switch. This allows them to be used independently of reverse so I can use the for connecting up a trailer. They are small and tuck away nicely, IMO. Used existing bumper screw holes.
upload_2019-12-30_10-5-29.jpeg
Sponsored