Sponsored

Stickers. Inside? Outside? What does it all mean?

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
I had stickers on my Jeep once. Peeled them off as soon as I drove it home. Those photos of Jeeps done up like an old steamer trunk are cool, but would drive me nuts if it were mine.

I can see why one would put them on the inside though. You can't see stickers behind mud, right? Some don't last too long in the elements either (like those "these colors don't run" stickers that faded to white in two weeks).

OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
GORGEOUS! Apalala! I was actually able to decode that (it's been a long time)! I'm not Buddhist either, but I do have a tattoo on my inner wrist that reminds me to breathe.

Sponsored

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
I believe he had @pixeldecals make them. You can email Don at this website, pixeldecals.com:like:
Indeed. He custom made my boar decals too. It's a Hildisvíni. A swordsmith created the pattern out of metal for years ago. It hangs in my office. I took a photo of it and Don cut it out for me.

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
is that just an odd picture angle, or are you one seriously tall dude?!?! Lol
My wife took the shot. She's shorter than I. I'm 6'2" and around 215#.

Last edited:

Sponsored

aah78

First Name
Ads
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JL)
I believe he had @pixeldecals make them. You can email Don at this website, pixeldecals.com:like:
Indeed. He custom made my boar decals too. It's a Hildisvíni. A swordsmith created the pattern out of metal for years ago. It hangs in my office. I took a photo of it and Don cut it out for me.
Thank you for your replies. Will definitely take a look at Don's pixeldecal website.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Not all stickers are fun. A couple years ago I ordered a set of "Gay Pride" stickers off of Amazon and went around town putting them on my buddies trucks. Some of them drove around for a week before they noticed them. They all thought it was funny until they got hit by the "sticker bandit". As you could imagine, they had PTSD after about a month of this.

Canyonero JL

First Name
Krusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL Unlimited
For me the decals just make my Jeep "mine." This is my fourth Wrangler, having bought my first in 1990. I have always enjoyed having them but my new one just feels more fun. It's more entertainment than utilitarian though it's my daily driver and work vehicle. I feel like a kid with a fun toy! One which I get to slowly modify to suite my taste and needs. When I came time to name it I chose something unique. While I'm not a Buddhist, I spend a lot of time at the nearby temple. It's where the Dalai Lama established a small monastery for his exiled Tibetan order. I'm their photographer in fact. Anyway, the name of a dragon from a specific legend caught my attention. Apalāla.

The Viking & Godzilla stuff is just for fun. I used to photograph a large costumed event called Pennsic War so I got into some historical imagery. And my daughter and I have watched many hours of Godzilla movies together, having fun Mystery Science Theater 3000 style.

IMG_20191027_160441-1.jpg

IMG_20190429_142133.jpg

IMG_20190731_213229_081.jpg

IMG_20190730_095929.jpg

IMG_20190702_202551_471.jpg

IMG_20190703_143425_863.jpg

20181218_134952_Burst01.jpg

IMG_20190628_122744_158-1.jpg
Awesome! Love it.

Rolling Ragu

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm trying to decide my "philosophy" now. I have a few stickers built up and waiting. Here's where I am right now. No stickers on body paint. Badge of Honor on the outside window. All others on the inside of freedom panels.

Stickers look like crap over the years and when removed from paint after years, you can see it.
Sponsored