Sponsored

Those of us without navigation

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
Idk how new this is but I got this Android Auto app that says it's new. I plug the USB into my phone and converts Google maps right into the screen in full size like stock navigation. Sorry if I'm late on this but thought it would be worth mentioning.
Sponsored

rickyrobert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 2016 Toyota Venza, 2005 Nissan Sentra, 1972 Jeep CJ5
Idk how new this is but I got this Android Auto app that says it's new. I plug the USB into my phone and converts Google maps right into the screen in full size like stock navigation. Sorry if I'm late on this but thought it would be worth mentioning.
What size screen?

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Android auto has been around for some time, but it might be new to the JL/JT line up from the 2018 model and up.
I purposely did not want the more expensive nav system in my jeep because of this, I use the android auto app on the 7" screen and works quite well. With Bluetooth and voice built in it covers everything I need it to do.

Sponsored

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
Casting to the screen is an awesome feature of Android Auto, did you try the Waze app?

Aloyouis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JLU 2.0, 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0, 2018 Ford Focus ST 2.4
Casting to the screen is an awesome feature of Android Auto, did you try the Waze app?
The Waze app functionality is amazing. That said, I don’t use it. Google knows enough about all of our lives without knowing where I go, when I go, how fast I get there, how fast I drive, what types of roads I take and the frequency with which I drive my vehicle.

I’m scared to death of Google.

Gatorhead96

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jlu
Waze is the way to go. Users can report cops, accidents all sorts of things

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
My wife said she was happy with the 7” one and now she wants it in her 4Runner. The 8.4” one was just too big; she said it looked like it would be a pain to deal with. The base 4” one was just too small though. I was happy to pay a little extra for her to be satisfied.

Do I need to keep going or do you guys get the picture?

Sponsored

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
The Waze app functionality is amazing. That said, I don’t use it. Google knows enough about all of our lives without knowing where I go, when I go, how fast I get there, how fast I drive, what types of roads I take and the frequency with which I drive my vehicle.

how do you think Waze gets its info?

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara

Google bought Waze a few years back

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Google bought Waze a few years back
Yeah, it sounds like he knows that... from his original post that you’re both quoting:

“The Waze app functionality is amazing. That said, I don’t use it. Google knows enough about all our lives...”

Aloyouis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JLU 2.0, 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0, 2018 Ford Focus ST 2.4
Im not sure I understand your point. Waze provides cool information for sure. It also steals as much about you as possible. More than you can even imagine.
Nothing is free. In the case of Waze, the cost is your privacy to a degree I can’t abide.
Sponsored