@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
When I save a way point is there anyway to see the gps coordinates? I am interested in sharing saved locations with friends.

Also I am guessing there is no way to upload gps routes or download saved routes?

IMG_0389.JPG
Sponsored

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
I was disappointed that Garmin, that builds the Nav system for the UConnect only used the most basic GPS system. Garmin also made the Nav system for my Mustang, with minimal features...for 5-6 times the cost for my 'basic' GPS unit. That full-featured GPS unit will be used on the dashboard. It can be loaded with GPX-format trails, and save/export POIs and 'bread-crumb' GPX data. And display topographic features.
Garmin and the car companies have a sweet racket...minimal cost/features and maximum profit.

Jeep could put a 'full-featured' Garmin gps unit in our Jeeps for a couple of hundred dollars and still make a profit. Instead, they put in a stripped model and charge more than a thousand. Similar to Jeep's transport charge...

Last edited:

Pipebndr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1943 Ford GPW 2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Automotive business owner, ASE Master Tech
I don’t mind Jeep only having the basic map system loaded, it would be beneficial to those that want Topo maps that Jeep would make it as an map upgrade that we could load different regions for off road. @JeepCares is there a possibility that this maybe a future data purchase?

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara in Punk'n Metallic
Occupation
Retired and spending the kid's inheritance
When an auto manufacturer contracts someone like Garmin to provide a GPS, the auto company also specifies and controls its content and feature set. Garmin only supplies what the customer (auto manufacturer) specifies.

Skippy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco 351W, 2021 Rubicon 4xe
TO see the coordinates on your GPS click on the Information tab and then you will see 3 different options I believe. One will be the where am i? Then you can click on gps coordinates from that screen I believe.
Sponsored