Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021JLUD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone tried the Spartacus hd tire carrier kit?
Sponsored

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t looked at the Teraflex,
My spare is pretty heavy, think wheel is 26lbs and not sure about tire, it’s the stt pro 37x12.50x17. was going to just get the RC plate and mount it on tailgate as is. Decided not to cuz it’s heavy. Might damage tailgate in the long run. I’ll look into the teraflex one.
Thks.
I tried a few of the relocation brackets and finally settled on the teraflex tire mount. It is lighter than the combined weight of a relocation bracket and stock tire mount. It is also way more sturdy and holds the tire tightly against the tailgate. My 37s don't interfere with the sensors with the teraflex on my steel bumper either if that is a concern. It is a great product.

I attached some pictures to show you what I mean:

IMG_1339.jpg
IMG_1340.jpg
IMG_1341.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Johnny2018

Johnny2018

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021JLUD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks,
I ended up ordering the RR Spartacus kit after all, should get it this week,

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Anybody here figure out a good bracket option for 37s mounted directly to Mopar reinforced tailgate? I want just enough height to clear stock Rubicon steel bumper while retaining as much rear window visibility as possible.

Looking for an inexpensive option here, because cash is at a premium and I look silly as hell running 37s, but a 33 on the tailgate!

side2 (2).jpg

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody here figure out a good bracket option for 37s mounted directly to Mopar reinforced tailgate? I want just enough height to clear stock Rubicon steel bumper while retaining as much rear window visibility as possible.

Looking for an inexpensive option here, because cash is at a premium and I look silly as hell running 37s, but a 33 on the tailgate!

side2 (2).jpg
Teraflex Alpha HD Tire Carrier

Sponsored

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, but looking for a less inexpensive riser-type option.
I hear you. I went through three of those before I ended up with the Teraflex. At a little over $300, it is more expensive than the simple relocation plates but it does bring it significantly closer and preserve way more visibility without impacting the sensors. Anyway, good luck!

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hear you. I went through three of those before I ended up with the Teraflex. At a little over $300, it is more expensive than the simple relocation plates but it does bring it significantly closer and preserve way more visibility without impacting the sensors. Anyway, good luck!
Well, shoot! Which 34 should I avoid! ;)

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Well, shoot! Which 34 should I avoid! ;)
The issue is that geometry won’t be your friend with the stock tire mount. With 37 inch tires and a steel bumper, you can get away with about a three inch rise of the spare provided you don’t push it out off the tailgate. The issue with the relocation brackets is that they all do just that by nature. It doesn’t really matter what brand it is as the geometry remains the same.

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The issue is that geometry won’t be your friend with the stock tire mount. With 37 inch tires and a steel bumper, you can get away with about a three inch rise of the spare provided you don’t push it out off the tailgate. The issue with the relocation brackets is that they all do just that by nature. It doesn’t really matter what brand it is as the geometry remains the same.

If you are bound and determined to get a relocation bracket, the RC relocation bracket will work but it will raise the tire more than four and a half inches in order to accommodate the geometry of moving it off the tailgate about an inch. It will end up looking pretty high off the bumper but will work.

Sponsored

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you are bound and determined to get a relocation bracket, the RC relocation bracket will work but it will raise the tire more than four and a half inches in order to accommodate the geometry of moving it off the tailgate about an inch. It will end up looking pretty high off the bumper but will work.
Yeah, I realize that all relocation brackets involve pushing the wheel both up AND out. Was looking for a bracket that just barely gives me the up I need. Seems like the RC would do the job, but heard that it actually pushes it up a farther than needed with a 37s and the steel bumpers.

At the end of the day, I'm probably going to have to suck it up and get the HD Alpha, but I need a lift more urgently. Cash is in tight supply...

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I realize that all relocation brackets involve pushing the wheel both up AND out. Was looking for a bracket that just barely gives me the up I need. Seems like the RC would do the job, but heard that it actually pushes it up a farther than needed with a 37s and the steel bumpers.

At the end of the day, I'm probably going to have to suck it up and get the HD Alpha, but I need a lift more urgently. Cash is in tight supply...

Hah, I wish I had better news but you are going to end up with the teraflex tire mount. The only question is whether you go through a few hundred dollars worth of relocation brackets first like I did or not. :)

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
It’s sub-$300 from Northridge 4x4 with their current “pumpkinspice” discount code.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
So the teraflex bracket fits correctly with the Mopar hinge reinforcement?