Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021JLUD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
I’m looking into mounting my spare 37” tire on tailgate. Anyone using an LOD or RC adapter? Reviews?
Sponsored

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
im running the evo tailgate reinforcement and it works great.

OP
OP
Johnny2018

Johnny2018

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021JLUD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
Was just watching a video that guy jl life I think, he is installing the evo, any vibrations or issues with it?

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
none here. i have it on the lowest setting so my 37 rubs the bumper as it closes.

seems to be holding up well.

OP
OP
Johnny2018

Johnny2018

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021JLUD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
Does it come with those tailgate bump stops? Or did you have to modify stock ones to Wk?

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Was just watching a video that guy jl life I think, he is installing the evo, any vibrations or issues with it?
I was reading another thread here about premature rusting. Seems mostly around welds, tighter areas that maybe didn't get enough coverage, and the inside of the structure that is completely uncoated.

OP
OP
Johnny2018

Johnny2018

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021JLUD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
I was reading another thread here about premature rusting. Seems mostly around welds, tighter areas that maybe didn't get enough coverage, and the inside of the structure that is completely uncoated.
Yes,
I read it also, I wonder if this issue has been fixed...

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Nearest thing I've read about a "fix" is that evo offers most of their products in bare form and leaves the finish to the customer. Otherwise, just a bunch of questioning why they chose powder coating over something tougher like e-coating.

On another note, I've been eyeballing the Teraflex Alpha mount. Can be purchased with or without the reinforcement, depending on how big and/or heavy your spare is, you might not need both. I'm interested in just the carrier because I don't plan on changing from my current 315 ko2/stock rubi wheel combo, so I just need a pinch of height to get the tire off the steel bumper. Some folks look at that as free extra support, but having a tire mounted to the body touching the bumper mounted to the frame is a no go in my book.

OP
OP
Johnny2018

Johnny2018

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021JLUD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t looked at the Teraflex,
My spare is pretty heavy, think wheel is 26lbs and not sure about tire, it’s the stt pro 37x12.50x17. was going to just get the RC plate and mount it on tailgate as is. Decided not to cuz it’s heavy. Might damage tailgate in the long run. I’ll look into the teraflex one.
Thks.

OP
OP
Johnny2018

Johnny2018

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021JLUD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
They don’t offer the tailgate hinges part.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Personally I would go with a reinforcement bracket/carrier. The Rugged Ridge is nice and solid. I would worry about moving the tire up and out on the stock tailgate.

Arkewn

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I haven’t looked at the Teraflex,
My spare is pretty heavy, think wheel is 26lbs and not sure about tire, it’s the stt pro 37x12.50x17. was going to just get the RC plate and mount it on tailgate as is. Decided not to cuz it’s heavy. Might damage tailgate in the long run. I’ll look into the teraflex one.
Thks.
I have the RC relocation bracket with 37x12.5x17 STT PRO's - which are actually one of the lighter 37" tires commonly used. I doubt its the best solution out there but after a year running it I have no complaints so far. The 3rd brake light wire grommet doesn't seat properly but I saw another user drilled a new hole lower in the factor plastic bracket giving more slack which appears to solve that problem. Another forum post turned me on to the 1 1/4" rubber chair feet from Lowe's that fit right into the factory bump stops to keep the tire from vibrating.

I plan to eventually upgrade with a hinge mounted solution eventually but I'm not in any hurry at the moment.

1MswyGYNK182GKVFUjLpWxPh2IvtKcqwLVApSyCXKlXwuZIFi7zck_4-XycKXSWHn3HvSnnMLG7jZ2OgHU=w490-h1008-no.jpg

UaNp_Ca5vNMj1sYN8_EGh35cDeo-x3pU5N8SoNrGlDUqw9EycaD16_jtwYOVz66cdk1zbUd8GN9okrDCUE=w1920-h934-no.jpg

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Hey guys, looking for relocation bracket that will fit 37s in conjunction with the stock steel bumper. Goal is to get tire as low as possible without interference from the bumper.

Some of the brackets I see raise the tire way higher than is necessary (presumably to fit tires larger than 37s?), thereby reducing rear visibility. Thanks!

OP
OP
Johnny2018

Johnny2018

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021JLUD
Occupation
Law Enforcement