Specter491

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wranlger JL Sport S
5% was given up front, plus tread lightly, plus golden ticket
I thought most of these dealers were using tread lightly to get down to 5%. I guess I'll try to weal them down to 5% then bring up tread lightly. Does tread lightly give money to the dealer to help them get down to 1% below?
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I thought most of these dealers were using tread lightly to get down to 5%. I guess I'll try to weal them down to 5% then bring up tread lightly. Does tread lightly give money to the dealer to help them get down to 1% below?
They get 2% back from the factory is what I have heard.

jtp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S unlimited
Is it 2% from invoice or 2% from price negoiated below invoice?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
With or without options?
With options.

FWP = Total invoice price including destination

So your Tread Lightly/Affiliate price (FFP) is basically 1% below that (FWP*.99 + $75).

I have been told that the dealer gets FWP * .02 from the factory.

jtp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S unlimited
I don’t get why some dealers that are offering 5% below invoice won’t include Tread Lightly discount if they can make 2% back.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I don’t get why some dealers that are offering 5% below invoice won’t include Tread Lightly discount if they can make 2% back.
You should ask them. And let us know what you find out.

It may not be compatible with some other discount they are leveraging we don't know about I guess.

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
How exactly do you implement your Tread Lightly affiliate code? Like, can you activate your offer code on the way to the dealership? Or is there a wait once you’ve applied to use it? I’ve been a member beyond 30 days now, and my Jeep is in E status, so I’m assuming less than 30 days to wait for it now.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
How exactly do you implement your Tread Lightly affiliate code? Like, can you activate your offer code on the way to the dealership? Or is there a wait once you’ve applied to use it? I’ve been a member beyond 30 days now, and my Jeep is in E status, so I’m assuming less than 30 days to wait for it now.
Once you join Tread Lightly, you have to wait at least 30 days and only then you can go to their website and get your affiliates code.

Mike, Since you are past 30 days of joining, get over to Tread Lightly's website now and get your affiliates code. Don't wait, there is no reason to!

You did get your new membership packet and T-Shirt right? Read the info there.

You can get the affiliates code anytime before purchase of your JL. Doesn't have to be that you say got the code in the last 30 days, etc..

You take the code with you to the dealership om purchase day.

Sponsored

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Once you join Tread Lightly, you have to wait at least 30 days and only then you can go to their website and get your affiliates code.

Mike, Since you are past 30 days of joining, get over to Tread Lightly's website now and get your affiliates code. Don't wait, there is no reason to!

You did get your new membership packet and T-Shirt right? Read the info there.

You can get the affiliates code anytime before purchase of your JL. Doesn't have to be that you say got the code in the last 30 days, etc..

You take the code with you to the dealership om purchase day.
Thanks!

The reason I asked, was because it seems some people print them out, and there’s an expiration date on them

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Thanks!

The reason I asked, was because it seems some people print them out, and there’s an expiration date on them
Have not hear that about any expiration date. Sure if your Tread Lightly membership expires that would be an issue.

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks!

You get to apply for 2 per calendar year, that's the expiration date. They are good for the calendar year in which you had them generated if that makes sense.

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
You also need the Welcome letter that came in your membership packet, it is a single page with your info on it.
I purchased my Mother a Grand Cherokee today and had the affiliate code but the dealer also needed that letter, which I left at home.
Snapped a pic of both sides and sent it to him, all is good now.

Also in the packet is a $100 DTD rebate, Discount tire allowed me to use it on a past purchase (<30 days ago).
That in itself paid for the tread lightly fee.

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
You also need the Welcome letter that came in your membership packet, it is a single page with your info on it.
I purchased my Mother a Grand Cherokee today and had the affiliate code but the dealer also needed that letter, which I left at home.
Snapped a pic of both sides and sent it to him, all is good now.

Also in the packet is a $100 DTD rebate, Discount tire allowed me to use it on a past purchase (<30 days ago).
That in itself paid for the tread lightly fee.
Yup I got my packet today! The Discount Tire offer is for a $100 Prepaid VISA Card with the purchase of a wheel and tire package. There is also an offer for up to $100 off a set of 4 General Grabber tires. Now I just have to wait until after March 21st when my affiliate code becomes active, but that’s OK since I’m waiting for Mojito ;)
Sponsored