Tread lightly discount?

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
Has anyone been able to get a Wrangler for the Tread Lightly 1% under dealer invoice in this market? And if you did, I'm assuming it had to be taken care of before you ordered your vehicle. I ordered a Wrangler yesterday and I'm assuming it's too late, at this point, to join Tread Lightly and then try to negotiate the discount upon arrival.
Sponsored

FloridaSon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Altitude order 2/4/22 Gupton 3/31 home 4/16.
Maybe not, for me it was taken at the end prior to payment. Talk to them. Good luck.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

And if you did, I'm assuming it had to be taken care of before you ordered your vehicle.
Not necessarily. I didn't mention anything about mine until I sat down to do the paperwork.

Check with your particular dealership.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
You have to be a member for 30 days prior to paying for the Jeep. The dealership has to be a participating dealer. It's easy. Join, wait 30 days, let your dealer know and they'll ask you for the code (it is generated through TL/Mopar).

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
You ordered your Wrangler yesterday and if you expect it to arrive at your dealership before 30 days are up, you are wasting your money on joining Tread Lightly. :LOL::CWL::LOL:

But reading the forum lately, it seems like people are happy if their Wrangler arrives at the dealership 30 weeks after ordering, not 30 days. 😳 (Maybe an exaggeration but you get the point)

I'm not sure where you ordered you Jeep but there are five dealers in Rhode Island who accept the Affiliate Rewards and they should take Tread Lightly for this discount.

I joined Thread Lightly one week before I ordered my Wrangler and I took delivery six weeks later. So no, you don't have to join Tread before placing the order, just 30 days before you drive it home.

If you go to the FCA Affiliates Rewards website you can see which dealerships will take the discount.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Brsox

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
Maybe not, for me it was taken at the end prior to payment. Talk to them. Good luck.
I'm gonna join and see what happens. I'll have a few months of membership in before my Jeep arrives.

OP
OP
Brsox

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
You ordered your Wrangler yesterday and you expect it to arrive at your dealership before 30 days are up, you are wasting your money on joining Tread Lightly. :LOL::CWL::LOL:

I'm not sure where you ordered you Jeep but there are five dealers in Rhode Island who accept the Affiliate Rewards and they should take Tread Lightly for this discount.

I joined Thread Lightly one week before I ordered my Wrangler and I took delivery six weeks later. So no, you don't have to join Tread before placing the order, just 30 days before you drive it home.

If you go to the FCA Affiliates Rewards website you can see which dealerships will take the discount.
Noooo....I didn't say I expect my Jeep to be here in 30 days. The dealership said three months and I'll probably be lucky if that happens. I know you have to be a member of tread lightly for 30 days prior to taking delivery. I'll check and see if my dealership participates.

kj11

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport Altitude
Has anyone been able to get a Wrangler for the Tread Lightly 1% under dealer invoice in this market? And if you did, I'm assuming it had to be taken care of before you ordered your vehicle. I ordered a Wrangler yesterday and I'm assuming it's too late, at this point, to join Tread Lightly and then try to negotiate the discount upon arrival.
I'm also in Rhode Island, which dealer did you order with?

OP
OP
Brsox

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
You ordered your Wrangler yesterday and if you expect it to arrive at your dealership before 30 days are up, you are wasting your money on joining Tread Lightly. :LOL::CWL::LOL:

But reading the forum lately, it seems like people are happy if their Wrangler arrives at the dealership 30 weeks after ordering, not 30 days. 😳 (Maybe an exaggeration but you get the point)

I think there are only 6 Jeep dealerships total in RI. I ordered from Paul Bailey Jeep. My luck they will be the one dealership that doesn't participate.

Sponsored

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
I think there are only 6 Jeep dealerships total in RI. I ordered from Paul Bailey Jeep. My luck they will be the one dealership that doesn't participate.
Sorry if this disappoints you but Bailey's Motor Sales Inc on 425 Ten Rod Rd in North Kingstown, RI is listed as being a dealership which accepts the Affiliate Rewards. It says they have sold 29 vehicles though the program.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Yes. I ordered my JLR on Dec 18th at MSRP. Put a $500 non-refundable deposit. In early January when FCA added Wranglers to their affiliate program I joined Tread Lightly at the $100 level.

Called the dealer and they told me that when I received the affiliates rewards number to let them know. When I took delivery on March 18th, they gave me the 1% below invoice price at the old pricing before the MSRP jumped about $3K. No hassle and they were happy to do it.

I'm very satisfied. BTW dealer was West Hills Jeep in Bremerton, WA.

OP
OP
Brsox

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
Sorry if this disappoints you but Bailey's Motor Sales Inc on 425 Ten Rod Rd in North Kingstown, RI is listed as being a dealership which accepts the Affiliate Rewards. It says they have sold 29 vehicles though the program.
Hey! That's excellent news. So, theoretically...I can join tread lightly and get a control number when my Jeep arrives at some point this year....then present that to them and I'll get affiliate pricing? Do they have the option of accepting or not accepting or are they bound to the program to accept the pricing if you have a legit control number? Nothing is normal in the market these days. Thanks for the info, by the way.

kj11

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport Altitude
Paul Bailey. I see you're in Narragansett. I'm in Wakefield.
Nice! I've got a hold on an in transit Wrangler with Bald Hill, but it's not exactly what I want. Considering ordering. How was the experience with Bailey?

OP
OP
Brsox

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
Yes. I ordered my JLR on Dec 18th at MSRP. Put a $500 non-refundable deposit. In early January when FCA added Wranglers to their affiliate program I joined Tread Lightly at the $100 level.

Called the dealer and they told me that when I received the affiliates rewards number to let them know. When I took delivery on March 18th, they gave me the 1% below invoice price at the old pricing before the MSRP jumped about $3K. No hassle and they were happy to do it.

I'm very satisfied. BTW dealer was West Hills Jeep in Bremerton, WA.
Ah, ok. This is all great info. You guys are awesome! Thanks. I'll join tread lightly tomorrow.
Sponsored