Tread Lightly discount

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
Does anyone know what Koon’s is offering below invoice on the JL’s?
Sponsored

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
If they offer say 4% below with the group buy, I may try to get 2-3% below invoice up here then slap the TL discount on top and save me 14 hrs in driving.

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Wrangler JL Sport S, Victory Touring Cruiser, Kia Sorento
Occupation
Project Manaager
I did see a post from the Koons guy somewhere else:

Koons Guy said:
Yes, we will be doing the Group Buy on the JL. We are doing 5% under for the time being.

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
If it true that Koons is offering 5% off invoice, Im going to have to reconsider my current order.

Sponsored

RayJGJL

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity and Just ordered JLUR
For tread lightly, the rules say you need to have been a member for thirty days before you TAKE DELIVERY of your new vehicle. If you do a factory order, you have plenty of time for your membership to go into effect.

I just purchased a 2018 JKU using affiliate rewards.
Things have changed since 2012.

1% is the MAXIMUM you will pay. You can go lower. The Dealer gets 2% of invoice back from FCA under the program. I negotiated as low as I could, and then mentioned the discount. I could always get them to split it with me and get an additional 1% off the lowest price I negotiated.

I factory ordered my Wrangler, the discount definitely can be used on factory orders AND vehicles on the lot.
Thanks for clarifying this. So if you place an order and don't mention this even though you may "negotiate or discuss price" when you go to pick up the Jeep if you have been a member for 30 days you can get this benefit. That is what you are saying correct?

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Thanks for clarifying this. So if you place an order and don't mention this even though you may "negotiate or discuss price" when you go to pick up the Jeep if you have been a member for 30 days you can get this benefit. That is what you are saying correct?
If you dont negotiate below MSPR, then this will get you to 1% below invoice. If you negotiate, you will need to bring this up. For example, my dealer is willing to do a little over 5% below invoice, add tread lightly and they have gotten down to about 7% below invoice.

Specter491

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wranlger JL Sport S
If you dont negotiate below MSPR, then this will get you to 1% below invoice. If you negotiate, you will need to bring this up. For example, my dealer is willing to do a little over 5% below invoice, add tread lightly and they have gotten down to about 7% below invoice.
How do you combine a deal of 5% below invoice plus a discount for tread lightly on top of that? I thought tread lightly guaranteed you 1% below invoice

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
How do you combine a deal of 5% below invoice plus a discount for tread lightly on top of that? I thought tread lightly guaranteed you 1% below invoice
It's all up to what the dealer is willing to do. My hometown dealer was prepared to go to 3% below invoice with tread lightly. The dealer I ordered through gave me a better price. I just told them that I also have an AR, affiliate rewards, number and she emailed me the best pricing she could do.

Sponsored

Specter491

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wranlger JL Sport S
I also got 7% below invoice. 5% plus tread lightly plus golden ticket. Only $130 doc fee.
How did you end up with 7%? Did you negotiate down to 5% then bring up the tread lightly discount? How does the treat lightly discount work on the dealer end?

BamaBuilder86

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Platinum FX4
How did you end up with 7%? Did you negotiate down to 5% then bring up the tread lightly discount? How does the treat lightly discount work on the dealer end?
5% was given up front, plus tread lightly, plus golden ticket

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare