From JK to JL....

Codyrush14

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Do you live in northeast Texas by chance?
Sponsored

Medictrode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2017 Ram 2500 Power Wagon
Can you post some Pics and Video of the new JL ripping it up on said ranch? Thanks and congrats..

OP
OP
Texan42

Texan42

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Can you post some Pics and Video of the new JL ripping it up on said ranch? Thanks and congrats..
will do! My JK loved being up at the ranch doing Jeep stuff. 2500 acre playground.

Sand Flea

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited, Sahara
Occupation
Federal Firefighter, Retired
Hate the LED package.
That is one of my favorite options.
The headlights and fogs have a much brighter beam. I typically use both together all the time at night.
The interior LED's... well, I like not having to replace burnt out bulbs.

Sponsored

jeepdogjl

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Ok, I'm doing it. Trading in my 2016 JKURHR for a JLUR ( is JLUR correct?). Guess I'm a creature of habit because the new one looks almost exactly like my current....my wife doesn't get it. Anyway, looking forward to the improvements, but I'm going to miss the lift and extras I had.

jeepdogjl

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Ok, I'm doing it. Trading in my 2016 JKURHR for a JLUR ( is JLUR correct?). Guess I'm a creature of habit because the new one looks almost exactly like my current....my wife doesn't get it. Anyway, looking forward to the improvements, but I'm going to miss the lift and extras I had.
I was able to take some parts off my JK and put them on my JL. Front Smittybuilt
I had Two JK's I loved them both, but they do not compare to my JL it's that much better. I get 3 mpg more on my JL with 35" tires than my JK's did with the stock 32" tires I average 21mpg. I was also able to put my last JK's Smittybuilt front bumper, winch, and trailer hitch on my JL
20190708_175837_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
Texan42

Texan42

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I was able to take some parts off my JK and put them on my JL. Front Smittybuilt

I had Two JK's I loved them both, but they do not compare to my JL it's that much better. I get 3 mpg more on my JL with 35" tires than my JK's did with the stock 32" tires I average 21mpg. I was also able to put my last JK's Smittybuilt front bumper, winch, and trailer hitch on my JL
20190708_175837_HDR.jpg
I wanted stuff moved from my JK to the JL, but nothing was compatible except the Rigid light bars :(

Goat

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep wrangler jl sport 2.0
Congrats and make sure the tires have 37 psi not 45 or above before you leave the lot. You will enjoy the drive a lot more.
Mine are at 43.. Are they supposed to be at 37???

Sponsored

Goat

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Even 37 is way too high
Mine is at 32.
Many run even lower in the high 20s as claimed per their chalk test.
Weird, my tires are the bridgestone a/t. I was never aware you can run them that low of psi

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Weird, my tires are the bridgestone a/t. I was never aware you can run them that low of psi
true, it really does depends on tires. Door jam does say 36 though. But my friend’s FJ’s door jam says 32.

Goat

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
true, it really does depends on tires. Door jam does say 36 though. But my friend’s FJ’s door jam says 32.
I'll have look and see what my tires say. I just worry if I drop them that low I'll wear them out faster

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Don’t
I'll have look and see what my tires say. I just worry if I drop them that low I'll wear them out faster
the tires will just show a suggested range. Pretty sure the door jamb says 37.

One problem you would run into with running them at say 32 is you are going to get tpms warnings that your air is too low. With the tazer you can lower that threshold though
Sponsored