From JK to JL....

Texan42

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Ok, I'm doing it. Trading in my 2016 JKURHR for a JLUR ( is JLUR correct?). Guess I'm a creature of habit because the new one looks almost exactly like my current....my wife doesn't get it. Anyway, looking forward to the improvements, but I'm going to miss the lift and extras I had.
Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
You won’t miss the JK. Awesome Jeep but the JL is on another level.

OP
OP
Texan42

Texan42

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'm counting on it :)

MikeJLUR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4 door Rubicon
Went from an2014 JKUR to a 2019 JLUR. Still miss my JK sometimes.
The new soft top is outstanding. No need for a hardtop. Transmission is very nice.

It does feel bigger. Wish Jeep still put M/T tires on the Rubicon.

Hate the LED package.

OP
OP
Texan42

Texan42

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I got my JL with the Falken M/Ts, I gladly payed the extra $100 for the switch. What do you not like about the LED package? Do the headlights work well at night? I have JW Speaker Evo2 currently and have really liked them.

Sponsored

Dvol

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
I got my JL with the Falken M/Ts, I gladly payed the extra $100 for the switch. What do you not like about the LED package? Do the headlights work well at night? I have JW Speaker Evo2 currently and have really liked them.
The LED headlights are comparable to JW Speakers. The mopar LED's have a slightly better light pattern. I miss my JKU and the 100000000000000000 after market parts you can buy. The JL is leaps and bounds ahead of the JK. Both are great vehicles but the JL is a way better driving vehicle and has way better fit and finish over the JK. Id still Buy a JK if the Price was right as i loved mine. I regret nothing going from JK to JL except the stupid prices they charge to own one..50K plus for a wrangler is crazy..so yes im insane and paid it lol..

jbozz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm counting on it :)
you'll love it.. the ride difference, seating for the passengers .heck just the freedom tops alone 'if you get hard top' very nice refinements..if you get the hard top I would suggest getting the hardtop headliners

OP
OP
Texan42

Texan42

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I was hesitant to go JL, as I only have 27,300 miles on my JKURHR and have not had any problems. The more I saw JLs driving around the more I thought to myself that I wanted one. I'm looking forward to it, Monday can't get here soon enough!

OP
OP
Texan42

Texan42

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Got the headliners, well, there isn't much I didn't get on it :(

jbozz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
love the LED headlight package. the fog lights are great plus with LED package makes you a lot easier to see in bad weather..JMHO

Sponsored

MikeJLUR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4 door Rubicon
The headlights themselves are great. The stupid halo light in them and the lights in the fenders look like something you would find on a Honda. The LED taillights stick out and look massive.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Test drove a 2017 JKR as my choice at the time came down to that and a 4Runner TRD Off-Road Premium. Both were going to be the same price. Went with the Toyota at the time because it seemed to be built much better and more worth the money.

Fast forward a year. Wife and I are in the dealership as she’s buying a Grand Cherokee. I test drive a JLR and absolutely loved it. Felt almost like Jeep management said “why didn’t you buy the JKR last year?” and fixed everything on my list. Between that and a year of headaches and hassles with the 4Runner, dumped the Toy and bought my Rubi. Haven’t looked back and loved every minute of my JL.

OP
OP
Texan42

Texan42

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
That is REALLY great to hear! Dealer sent me a pic of my Jeep....I keep staring at it...cant wait til monday!

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Test drove a 2017 JKR as my choice at the time came down to that and a 4Runner TRD Off-Road Premium. Both were going to be the same price. Went with the Toyota at the time because it seemed to be built much better and more worth the money.

Fast forward a year. Wife and I are in the dealership as she’s buying a Grand Cherokee. I test drive a JLR and absolutely loved it. Felt almost like Jeep management said “why didn’t you buy the JKR last year?” and fixed everything on my list. Between that and a year of headaches and hassles with the 4Runner, dumped the Toy and bought my Rubi. Haven’t looked back and loved every minute of my JL.
Out of curiosity what issues did you have with the 4R? My wife and I have 16k miles on her 2018 and we love it, no issues so far except two of the small speakers in the front have needed to be replaced. So between her 4R and my JLR we feel like we have the best of both worlds.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Out of curiosity what issues did you have with the 4R? My wife and I have 16k miles on her 2018 and we love it, no issues so far except two of the small speakers in the front have needed to be replaced. So between her 4R and my JLR we feel like we have the best of both worlds.
There were several.... check engine light at 2200 miles required a sensor replacement... rear lift gate rattling from the start... rear window motor failure... leak around oil pan... leak around sunroof... cracked brake line on front right.... this was with the truck never seeing anything rougher than a few fire trails and forest service roads...

Also disappointed with the balance of fuel mileage and power. I understand it's always a trade off and can deal with poor mileage if it's got power, or lack of power to an extent if it gets decent mileage. The combination of poor mileage AND no power was brutal. I sold it with 9,000 (mostly highway) miles on it. I know Toyota's reputation for quality and have owned many in the past. Can't tell you how many times the Hilux or Land Cruisers have saved my life overseas, so I'm not knocking the brand... just happen to draw a bad vehicle from the pool I guess.
Sponsored