2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
I can't believe one dealer has 34 and is offering almost $5k off sticker and the dealerships on the West Coast can't keep one in stock and are selling at a premium.

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V

captainjack

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I can't believe one dealer has 34 and is offering almost $5k off sticker and the dealerships on the West Coast can't keep one in stock and are selling at a premium.
They were super nice to deal with as well. I got a Sport S from them and traded in my JK at an unbelievable number.

GhostlyRides

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Sales Consultant
Being a car salesman myself, paying $5000 below msrp is a fair price on a jeep for all parties involved. For lower trim levels 3-4k might be more appropriate, but the point remains that around $5000 below msrp on a sahara or rubicon gives the consumer a good enough deal, and the car salesman a decent commission. No offense to anyone that has already bought their new JL but if you paid anymore than that, you more than likely paid a little too much. I know some will probably disagree but its just an opinion of mine for future buyers.

Sponsored

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Plus inflated doc fee
Plus airline travel
Plus gas and mileage
Plus time.
Plus DMV/AAA time to re-register vehicle in CA
Plus a possible finance contingency
Plus the chance for some dealer shenanigans

There is a cash value to avoiding the whole out of state rigmarole.
Uhmmmm the dealership is 2hrs from my house. Doc fee is $80 (California's max).

Tax/reg is not relevant - we are talking about the invoice price. But if you must know, my tax will be at $3,516, and DMV fees are at $537. I won't step foot into a DMV - the dealership handles all of that.

I am financed at Langley Federal Credit Union at 2% APR.

And negative - the deal is in writing and signed.

You are literally wrong on every front, negative nancy! Good try though. Good try.

ERIXJLUR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Crystal Rubicon 2.0L (ordered on 2/12 received on 9/26)
Uhmmmm the dealership is 2hrs from my house. Doc fee is $80 (California's max).

Tax/reg is not relevant - we are talking about the invoice price. But if you must know, my tax will be at $3,516, and DMV fees are at $537. I won't step foot into a DMV - the dealership handles all of that.

I am financed at Langley Federal Credit Union at 2% APR.

And negative - the deal is in writing and signed.

You are literally wrong on every front, negative nancy! Good try though. Good try.
My bad - I thought you were buying from Marsh.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Bay Jeep in Panama City and Hill Kelly in Pensacola will not go a dollar below MSRP. Is anyone seeing this anywhere else?

Bay Jeep has had 4 JLs for over a month and they have not moved. They don’t seem like they are in a hurry to sell them.
Yep! Had to walk away from my order (Naples) because of that. There are plenty of dealers that will negotiate -don’t sweat it.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Being a car salesman myself, paying $5000 below msrp is a fair price on a jeep for all parties involved. For lower trim levels 3-4k might be more appropriate, but the point remains that around $5000 below msrp on a sahara or rubicon gives the consumer a good enough deal, and the car salesman a decent commission. No offense to anyone that has already bought their new JL but if you paid anymore than that, you more than likely paid a little too much. I know some will probably disagree but its just an opinion of mine for future buyers.
Glad to know that. Thanks for the information! :)

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
I got mine in southeast Michigan. The second one to be sold in the region.

I was able to get a Sport S for $2000 off, $500 cash back, and I used a CDI. I was very surprised any incentives were being offered.

It was a lease, and the actual terms of the lease on my $39,500 sticker Sport S unlimited was $1500 down, $300/mo, 39/mo, 12,000mi/yr. Residual value was a little over $26,000, and negotiated price was $36,000.

.....all because I had to take my Challenger in for a cracked rim....they suckered me right in, lol.

Very pleased with the deal. I got the exact Jeep I would have ordered in the spring when my challenger lease was up anyway, and for the exact payment and terms I was expecting.

......it still doesn’t beat the lease deal I got on my JK. $4000 down (trade in plus cash), same terms, for ONE FORTY NINE PER MONTH. $18,500 negotiated price with $13,000 residual value though (as base as a base JK could come...but with A/C. $21,500 sticker). The JL is literally twice the vehicle, so I guess twice the payment isn’t that bad.

Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most Florida dealers don't seem to be interested in under invoice pricing. There is a dealer in Palatka FL (Beck) that does a few points below invoice but also has a high doc fee. They'd be about five-six hours away from Pensacola. You may want to check them out. If you don't mind some travel mixed in, you could check out Superior Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram in Conway AR (9 hours from Pensacola). Kim is the contact there and she will do 5 - 6% below invoice with only a $130 doc fee!
I think my former dealer has everyone beat on doc fees..$785! So, on top of not dealing, they had ridiculous doc fees.

Specter491

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wranlger JL Sport S
If you join the tread lightly program ($100 annually and you can cancel after the first year) don't you get automatically 1% below invoice?

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you join the tread lightly program ($100 annually and you can cancel after the first year) don't you get automatically 1% below invoice?
Yes, if the dealer participates. :)