Sponsored

JL Steering Box Adjustment

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The AE version of the new JL steering gear box is now out - 68250506AE / 4 door. Previous versions where 68250506AC and 68250506AD. Confirmed with a Jeep dealer's parts department today. The 2 door steering box, which is different than the 4 door steering box, hasn't changed since last year.
I’m sure I have seen it before to know what gearbox version you have but I don’t remeber or have a clue where to find it, so how do I see what gearbox I have to see if I can get FCA to replace it. I know my Jeep was built in May or June of this year
Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I’m sure I have seen it before to know what gearbox version you have but I don’t remeber or have a clue where to find it, so how do I see what gearbox I have to see if I can get FCA to replace it. I know my Jeep was built in May or June of this year
If you have a 4 door, you most likely have an AD version. The AD version was put into 2018s towards the end of the production run, so all 2019s have the AD, unless it is very new, then you might have the AE version. You could crawl underneath your JL with a flashlight to see if you can find the part number on it.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
If you have a 4 door, you most likely have an AD version. The AD version was put into 2018s towards the end of the production run, so all 2019s have the AD, unless it is very new, then you might have the AE version. You could crawl underneath your JL with a flashlight to see if you can find the part number on it.
If by chance I have the ad will they replace with the ae no questions asked?

Rockit73

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sprt S, 02 Night Train, 2016 F6B
I posted this in a different section, but this seems more appropriate. Pardon my redundancy due to being new.

Test driving a new 2019 Mojito Sport S today. These steering issues have kept me from purchasing, but I really want a Wrangler, so...

Besides tire pressure and a good hwy jaunt at 65, what else can I do to ensure that I get a good one?

Thanks!
Sponsored