Does this lease offer seem real?

RMD_23

First Name
abdullah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Sahara
Does this lease offer seem real or fake? 199$/ month seems way too low!

I have never leased a vehicle before, so idk whether it's real or there are some hidden fees.

IMG_4916.JPG
Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
it's probably easier to get a camel through thee threadhole of a needle than it is to qualify for that deal, lol.

That said, the details are spelled out: $3716 'down', it's a 24-month low-mileage lease, and they assume a $9,000 value drop over those 24 months. It also assumes you qualify for all available rebates (no)

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Does this lease offer seem real or fake? 199$/ month seems way too low!

I have never leased a vehicle before, so idk whether it's real or there are some hidden fees.

IMG_4916.JPG
We all know that things that sound too good to be true usually are, right?

I am about to turn in my leased 2016 Mini Cooper S at the end of this month. (And yes... I have a 2020 JLRU on order.) With all of the BS I am seeing through my lease, not sure I will ever lease again. They are not allowing me to turn the vehicle back in with a "repaired" windshield. It has to be one with "no signs of repair". I have yet to see a repaired windshield that is 100% flawless. Good luck with that on a Wrangler, right? My 4th set of tires on it at 40K miles have to be the same type that came on the vehicle... run flats only! Forget the fact that I put some high-dollar Michelin Pilots on it because I was fed up in only getting 10,000 miles on a set of run-flats.

Before you consider a lease on a Jeep, you better have everything spelled out like... can you do any modifications on it like a lift (and how much?), larger tires (and what size), different bumpers, different top, etc? They may have stipulations that it has to be from their approved venders, such as MOPAR only or that it has to be in its original factory stock build. Do NOT assume anything with your lease. Have EVERYTHING in writing.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
lol I just went through this with my lease turn in on my BMW last month. Replaced the crappy RFTs with Pilot Sport 4S on them. Tires were probably 80% left on them at turn in. Nope, they made me put $1000 worth of RFTs back on the car because that's what it came with originally. Sigh. Lesson learned.

I My 4th set of tires on it at 40K miles have to be the same type that came on the vehicle... run flats only! Forget the fact that I put some high-dollar Michelin Pilots on it because I was fed up in only getting 10,000 miles on a set of run-flats.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Camry
Also I'd visit leasehackr.com to learn more about leases generally. You can make a Lamborghini lease payment if you put enough money down...the monthly payment is just one factor for the whole deal

Sponsored

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
lol I just went through this with my lease turn in on my BMW last month. Replaced the crappy RFTs with Pilot Sport 4S on them. Tires were probably 80% left on them at turn in. Nope, they made me put $1000 worth of RFTs back on the car because that's what it came with originally. Sigh. Lesson learned.
I feel your pain. Fu*king ridiculous, right?

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I feel your pain. Fu*king ridiculous, right?
Probably because people would turn in the cars with the cheapest tires that fit lol. Also remember that leasing == renting. If you rent a house and paint it and change stuff to your content, the owners might ask you to return it to how it was when you rented it. Sometimes people have different ideas of what constitutes "improvements".

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Probably because people would turn in the cars with the cheapest tires that fit lol. Also remember that leasing == renting. If you rent a house and paint it and change stuff to your content, the owners might ask you to return it to how it was when you rented it. Sometimes people have different ideas of what constitutes "improvements".
Yep. That 2" budget lift and set of wheel spacers might look good to you but when you turn that Jeep back in at the end of a 3-4 year lease they may look at you and say..."I don't think so!"

johnbrochill

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
In regards to your question: those lease offers are usually just conversation starters & on base models. So chances are you would be paying more than $200/month, unless you meet all the requirements + are trading something in/large down payment. For example, a Rubicon would be at least $400/month (more like $500+) depending on your credit and down payment.

If you are trying to decide between leasing & buying:

I have leased quite a few cars. I work in sales, so drive a lot of miles & prefer to take my own car, and do a lot of driving in my spare time as well. So, I prefer to lease since I like getting a new car every 2-4 years, and don't have to deal with all of the maintenance, reliability, replacement parts, being out of warranty, etc. I also prefer not to tie up the amount for a large down payment and/or buying out-right, or have high monthly payments.

In my experience, which could be different for others based on the cars / deals I've gotten, it's been cheaper to lease if you are getting a new car every 3-5 years. For me, it comes down to total money out of pocket over the given number of years. If you are keeping for longer, then it would most likely make more sense to buy upfront, rather than lease.

The argument could be made at some point when buying, the car is paid off. But that doesn't mean you will stop spending money on it, especially when your warranty expires. But like I said, I replace my vehicles quite often, so I would never really get a chance to pay it off, and don't really mind having continual monthly payments for the convenience of never having to deal with repairs or breakdowns

Also, I've had some that I never modified, and some that were moderately modified, and turned them in that way with no penalties. So it really depends on the dealer, car brand, & what the modifications are. I should also say that up until my most recent 2017 Silverado, I had purchased/leased all cars from the same dealership, where I knew the Sales Manager well.

With that being said, I would not lease a Jeep that you plan to modify extensively. Unless you plan to buy out of the lease at the end, or rip/replace with all the OEM parts before trading in.

nypharm

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO
Leasing a mini is not leasing a jeep. I came from dozen BMW leases myself, BMW nickels and dimes you. These jeeps hold value. If you dont feel like throwing 50k at a new loaded wrangler, leasing is the way to go. I drive maybe 8k miles a year. I dont like dealing with used car, high maintenance of a used car and make more money investing elsewhere. Running a small business too leasing works to my advantage. Mostly everyone I know l lease now.

I got a good lease on my Rubicon at $499 monthly for almost a 52k jeep. If I were to finance it the payments would be nearly double. If you need help leasing one let me know.

YYCSahara

First Name
BDLL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
I always lease and I would never put any money down up front. This lease looks to be closer to $380 per month with nothing down.
Sponsored