How does this offer compare? '19 JLU Sport S

stipey169

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD Wrangler JLU
New to the forum and hopefully new to the JL (I've owned JK's in the past).

I just got this offer from a dealer and I'm wondering how it compares. Looks to be about 4% under invoice? I'm from the St. Louis, MO area.

Purchase Info:
  • 2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport (Ocean Blue)
  • 24S package
  • Technology group
  • Convenience Group
  • Auto
  • Destination charge ($1,495)
  • Total MSRP: $39,730
  • Selling Price: $37,067.
Leasing info
  • Cap Cost: $38426.64 (includes sales tax, acquisition fee, and titling charges)
  • Residual Value $31,387.00 (79%)
  • 39 months
  • 10K miles / year
  • $0 down
  • $397/mo
  • MF: .00279
Sponsored

Last edited:

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
Ok I'm admittedly not a leasing expert so perhaps I'm missing something. First of all Wranglers hold their value amazingly well, but 79% seems enormously high after over 3 years. But assuming that is correct, it looks as if you'll be paying for approx $7,000 in depreciation on this Jeep. $7k/39 is $180/mo. Obviously your payment would be a bit higher than that because you'd have to factor in interest and a few other items. But they are quoting you more than double that. Where's the extra $220/mo coming from?

Summation - I don't think the residual value makes sense. But if it does, the numbers don't make sense.

OP
OP

stipey169

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD Wrangler JLU
Ok I'm admittedly not a leasing expert so perhaps I'm missing something. First of all Wranglers hold their value amazingly well, but 79% seems enormously high after over 3 years. But assuming that is correct, it looks as if you'll be paying for approx $7,000 in depreciation on this Jeep. $7k/39 is $180/mo. Obviously your payment would be a bit higher than that because you'd have to factor in interest and a few other items. But they are quoting you more than double that. Where's the extra $220/mo coming from?

Summation - I don't think the residual value makes sense. But if it does, the numbers don't make sense.
Thanks for the input! I hastily posted it before even really looking closely at it but after I posted it, I did the same thing as you;; you are right - either the residual is wrong, the payment is wrong, or the MF is, well an MFer. :) (would almost have to be illegally high, I think).

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Cap cost is too high. You can do better than a mere $2700 discount. Where are you located? Tax is typically paid monthly, not added to the cap cost.
Sponsored