link.sierrar.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2015 BMW 328i F30
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
eCommerce Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe it's possible to connect the Trailer wiring harness here?

Screenshot_20180816-204423_Chrome-1.jpg
Sponsored

beammmer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL two-door, 2017 X5, 1973 2002
Hitch looks great, I have the factory one, need to darken that exhaust can :clap:
IMG_9469.jpg

beammmer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL two-door, 2017 X5, 1973 2002
Yup, easy peasy. It was an old can, hope it holds up for awhile. Looks sooo much better. Of course, only I notice. ;)

IMG_9471.jpg

Last edited:

JeepBaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Hitch and ball great to have even if you dont plan on towing as it will give your jeep some protection when the 17 year old girl in her Civic rams you from behind while texting. With the added benefit of further wrecking her radiator.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Hitch and ball great to have even if you dont plan on towing as it will give your jeep some protection when the 17 year old girl in her Civic rams you from behind while texting. With the added benefit of further wrecking her radiator.
Priceless LOL

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
This actually happened to me, except it was a 17 year old boy not a girl, and I was in a GC not a Wrangler.

So has anyone installed the wiring harness and is there a write up? I’m not sure if I’m going to install just the hitch now and deal with the wiring later or just get it out of the way now.

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
This actually happened to me, except it was a 17 year old boy not a girl, and I was in a GC not a Wrangler.

So has anyone installed the wiring harness and is there a write up? I’m not sure if I’m going to install just the hitch now and deal with the wiring later or just get it out of the way now.
I still haven’t gotten the wiring harness but it’s pretty straight forward from what I understand.

Sponsored

Kllrbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Wow, that was easy as shit.
Mine was slightly different as I had a bracket there with 2 welded nuts on it.
Remove the 2 outer bolts and 2 little bolts on the bottom of the bumper. Then you can muscle the receiver hitch in between the crossmember and the bracket. Its pretty easy as the welded nuts on the hitch go into the holes on the bracket. It holds it in place too once you got it on right.
Then put your center bolts in as stated above. I reused the outer bolts that were on there. Tighten, check for level, done.

Babynurse

First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Wranglers, 1Cherokee
Occupation
RN
Hi,
I purchased this hitch but I have an L bracket that needs to be removed first. The instructions are a little confusing. Any help or pics of which bolts to remove would be appreciated.
Thanks

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,
I purchased this hitch but I have an L bracket that needs to be removed first. The instructions are a little confusing. Any help or pics of which bolts to remove would be appreciated.
Thanks
I did not have the bracket but from what I understand is you just loosen the bolts enough to slide in? Or so Ive heard. The separate instructions if I remember call for total removal.

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I’m pretty sure Rugged Ridge torque specs are 80lbs, Mopar hitch bolts I believe are 60lbs.
huh?

it didn’t list the specs in the instructions awhile back when I got it but they could be included now so that’s good to know!

rts4714

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Know this is bit of a dated thread but.....Did you guys have to get any dealer codes for uconnect after hooking up the wiring harness? When I added a hitch to my 2015 grand cherokee, the trailer lights wouldn't work until the dealer "activated" them. Arguing with 4 dealerships got them to do that service for free...think it's normally $100
Sponsored