Adaptive Cruise Control?

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cherokee Limited, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Have there been any murmurs about the JL getting adaptive cruise control? They're really starting to add all the gizmos to these vehicles... I'm surprised it's not an option.
Sponsored

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
That might just be auto highbeams

Hughesonthenet

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue 2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
IT Director
Have there been any murmurs about the JL getting adaptive cruise control? They're really starting to add all the gizmos to these vehicles... I'm surprised it's not an option.
There is no adaptive cruise control on the JL. In the future ... who knows?

I heard a reviewer on Youtube recently mention that there is no collision avoidance or adaptive cruise control on the JL because of the ability to fold down the windshield. I have no idea if that's an accurate statement or not.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
On the other Jeep vehicles with those little radar sensors under the bumper, they recommend removing it when going off-road, partly because they can easily get damaged, and partly because it probably interferes with off-roading.

Since the Wrangler is the main vehicle they have that's targeted towards off-roading, I don't think it'll be getting adaptive cruise or any of that sort of tech for a long time.

Sponsored

OP
OP
pantheman75

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Adaptive cruise, auto high beams, and air conditioned seats (all things offered on the Grand Cherokee) would REALLY round out these new loaded Wranglers nicely.

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
I heard a reviewer on Youtube recently mention that there is no collision avoidance or adaptive cruise control on the JL because of the ability to fold down the windshield. I have no idea if that's an accurate statement or not.
I assume there is still room to mount the gizmos to the front roof bar, right in front of the rearview mirror.

Adaptive Cruise Control is standard on a $18k base Corolla. No excuse to not offer it on a $50k Wrangler.

OP
OP
pantheman75

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I assume there is still room to mount the gizmos to the front roof bar, right in front of the rearview mirror.

Adaptive Cruise Control is standard on a $18k base Corolla. No excuse to not offer it on a $50k Wrangler.
This EXACTLY sums up what I'm thinking... especially when other Jeeps already have this feature. There's no excuse Jeep!

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
This EXACTLY sums up what I'm thinking... especially when other Jeeps already have this feature. There's no excuse Jeep!

I don't disagree Ryan, but I will explain--and maybe you know.

Product development people, marketing people and analytical people get together at vehicle manufacturers to decide the timing of the release of features....which ones make the release, which ones are standard, which ones are options, what to include in those features, and what to price them at for maximum profit.

Some features are held back: there has to be something to show that's new a year from now. Some aren't prioritized for release 1.0 of the vehicle. Some are.

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner

Corollas don't have foldable front windshields. Nor do other Jeeps.

We've seen some mules with what appears to be adaptive cruise control sensors. You can find them on this forum. But the Wrangler has technical hurdles others do not.

Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
If you want adaptive cruise a decked out Grand Cherokee Trailhawk is a supersweet machine too.

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
I believe it comes with the Active Safety Group option. I had a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Active Safety Group and the adaptive cruise control was part of the package.

KaDeTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan RLine 2018 2.0TDI
Question those the OP and other have a ACC an any other of there vehicles? I ask as i had it and lane departure for past 5 years on 3 cars/suv (company vehicle) and would never buy it personality on any other vehicle and would not even dream of getting it for a wrangler. I would hate for it to be standard even if free. I switched off all this options in my cars and still have issues sometimes with aggressive driving when the vehicle wants to stop me from passing cars closely or snow flake is blocking one of the sensors. Or love the one when car wants to follow wrong line and pushes me to take exits.

People that are asking for this items should consider test drive other vehicle with it first, and if you still like it then look at vehicle like the JEEP GC.

ALSO Do other SUV or cars are equipped with this at same price level... yes but this only speaks to Wrangler having a huge premium for the "i take doors off" crowd and nothing more. I would not even get the safety group for it, this is counter intuitive to the Wrangler design OK for on-road build for OFF-road.

not to mention the repair cost of this units, require maintenance, and the limp modes this devices force the vehicle in to do to error readings, snow or heavy dirt, or other debris. If the ACC is dirty you will not have any CC, it gets annoying in a heavy snow to remove the build up from blocking the sensor and clean it from salt.

Just my opinion.

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Question those the OP and other have a ACC an any other of there vehicles? I ask as i had it and lane departure for past 5 years on 3 cars/suv (company vehicle) and would never buy it personality on any other vehicle and would not even dream of getting it for a wrangler. I would hate for it to be standard even if free. I switched off all this options in my cars and still have issues sometimes with aggressive driving when the vehicle wants to stop me from passing cars closely or snow flake is blocking one of the sensors. Or love the one when car wants to follow wrong line and pushes me to take exits.

People that are asking for this items should consider test drive other vehicle with it first, and if you still like it then look at vehicle like the JEEP GC.

ALSO Do other SUV or cars are equipped with this at same price level... yes but this only speaks to Wrangler having a huge premium for the "i take doors off" crowd and nothing more. I would not even get the safety group for it, this is counter intuitive to the Wrangler design OK for on-road build for OFF-road.

not to mention the repair cost of this units, require maintenance, and the limp modes this devices force the vehicle in to do to error readings, snow or heavy dirt, or other debris. If the ACC is dirty you will not have any CC, it gets annoying in a heavy snow to remove the build up from blocking the sensor and clean it from salt.

Just my opinion.
I had it on my last two Jeep Grand Cherokees and never had a problem with it. I actualy enjoyed having it on long road trips and wished my 4Runner came with, just my opinion. I ordered my new Wrangler JL with the Active Safety Group, so if the ACC comes with, I'll be happy.

mde8965

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack; 2016 BMW X3
I’ve had 2 cars with collision avoidance control or whatever you call it. GMC and a Dodge Challenger. I absolutely hated it on the GMC and turned it off. It would false positive so often it would not even be funny. Like if there were cars parked on the side of the street as you were going by. It would be play crazy and slam on the brakes for a second and scare the crap out of me.

However it is nowhere near as intrusive on my challenger. In fact it’s saved my bacon at least once that I can think of. You know driving down the street paying attention and all of that and you just happen to glance out the side window for something and everybody slams on the brakes in front of you the thing beeps like crazy and actually slows you down to stop.

As far as ACC. I love that. Doesn’t mean beans in the city but once you are taking a road trip on the interstate or something like that it’s real nice feature to have. I find that it really controls any road rage that would build up in me. Nothing worse than trying to use your regular cruise control driving right about the speed limit and you have idiots that don’t know how to use cruise control speeding up passing you and slowing down for no reason in front of you causing you to have to hit the brakes and cancel the cruise. With ACC you don’t have to touch the cruise control or hit the brakes or do anything you just follow along and even if you just pull out onto the next lane and pass the guy or girl doing the speed that you set it at.

All that said I can’t imagine ACC on a wrangler. My challenger has a real big EYE/sensor at the very bottom of the front facia. That would not work for trails even if you put it in the front bumper of the Wrangler somewhere. Yes it might work in the top of the windshield but it would be an eyesore I would think.
Sponsored