2020 Wishlist

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
What are you hoping for from the '20 JL? BSG? Static Pricing? New colors? Tire choices? Wheels? New accessories?

I would looooove a Rubicon with a Selec-Trac transfer case. I know, I can configure a Moab (and now an Altitude) to get close, but too many differences. Europe gets the full-time 4WD on their Rubis, so I want one.

How about you?
Sponsored

Alpha Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
On your MDX?
My MDX’s steering is fine.

Did that offend you? With hundreds of pages of steering complaints on here, I’m hoping to get a 2020 model that we don’t have to worry about constantly bringing to the dealer to fix.

Besides that, new color options would be great. Personally, would not want a 3.6 BSG.

Sponsored

OP
OP
misanthrope

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass

Did that offend you? With hundreds of pages of steering complaints on here, I’m hoping to get a 2020 model that we don’t have to worry about constantly bringing to the dealer to fix.

Besides that, new color options would be great. Personally, would not want a 3.6 BSG.
Sooooo many people on here are snowflakish, so I can see why you would think my response was defensive rather than silly and playful. My favorite vehicle of all time was my '80 K5 Blazer, which had all the steering feel of a 100 ton tug boat. I also had a '79 Volare station wagon with the 318 and a broken frame cross member which would suddenly separate/rejoin when cornering that made for some really fun back road ski trips. I'm thinking that if I feel like I have steering issues, the front wheels must have fallen off...

Or maybe I'll just get an aftermarket stabilizer so I don't have to come to the forum and bitch about it.

But, as it is a wish list, I feel your wish is definitely justified.

We all expect Jeeps to handle like car based SUVs and perform like Humvees. You know, a lady in the living room but a whore in the bedroom.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR

ZERO steering problems on my stock '19. I think most of those with steering issues were '18s, maybe a few really early 19's, and ones with mods (like lift kits).

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
My '19 steering is excellent. Better than my range rover on 32's.

OP
OP
misanthrope

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
ZERO steering problems on my stock '19. I think most of those with steering issues were '18s, maybe a few really early 19's, and ones with mods (like lift kits).
I read on Road and Track between the genius of ordering a boss rig like a Moab and the individuality of choosing a color like Mojito!, that the performance would improve exponentially. You will be immune to the problems experienced by the unwashed masses.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I read on Road and Track between the genius of ordering a boss rig like a Moab and the individuality of choosing a color like Mojito!, that the performance would improve exponentially. You will be immune to the problems experienced by the unwashed masses.
Glad I picked the magic combination :rock:

Sponsored

Alpha Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Sooooo many people on here are snowflakish, so I can see why you would think my response was defensive rather than silly and playful. My favorite vehicle of all time was my '80 K5 Blazer, which had all the steering feel of a 100 ton tug boat. I also had a '79 Volare station wagon with the 318 and a broken frame cross member which would suddenly separate/rejoin when cornering that made for some really fun back road ski trips. I'm thinking that if I feel like I have steering issues, the front wheels must have fallen off...

Or maybe I'll just get an aftermarket stabilizer so I don't have to come to the forum and bitch about it.

But, as it is a wish list, I feel your wish is definitely justified.

We all expect Jeeps to handle like car based SUVs and perform like Humvees. You know, a lady in the living room but a whore in the bedroom.
Lol. I honestly thought you got offended.

We test drove a 19 Rubicon and felt a little sloppiness in the steering but I forgot to check tire pressures to see if it was overinflated like so many here report. It wasn’t terrible but noticeable. It seems like the trend is in the right direction as noted above about 18s having most of the issues so we’re optimistic!

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
What are you hoping for from the '20 JL? BSG? Static Pricing? New colors? Tire choices? Wheels? New accessories?

I would looooove a Rubicon with a Selec-Trac transfer case. I know, I can configure a Moab (and now an Altitude) to get close, but too many differences. Europe gets the full-time 4WD on their Rubis, so I want one.

How about you?
I hope Punk'n is still available for order, and would love the front trail cam from the JT. Cooled seats would be amazing here in AZ, but not a requirement. Would also be nice if the Rubicon comes with all the Fox shocks and stabilizer from the JT as well. As long as it has the updated steering components that are being released I am good otherwise.

At first I was really hoping for the 3.0 eco, but now I think I want to stick with the KISS principle as much as possible. A 3.6 without bsg will be fine. (We debated the 3.0 or the 2.0, but much more complex).

I will wait another week or so for 2020 details, it really there are no deal breakers for me from the 2019 to 2020 as far as I know So really my biggest item will be color. We all really like the Punk'n, so if it looks like that won't be a 2020 color my new replacement order will be a 2019. I am hopeful since the JT has Punk'n as late availability, so I doubt they are getting rid of the color at least for some time.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
I thought this thread already happened
It did, but that was "then" in the alternate universe . . . this is now for the "now generation" . . .:swear: ?

I'll play again -- Definitely the JT's Front Camera, and it needs to be across-the-board, not just the Rubicon, because it's a SAFETY MATTER ! I too am keeping an open mind on the BSG thing and hope it's not just a BS thing ! Choice is good, don't make it "mandatory" - perhaps standard without & optional with, at a FAIR Price, and DON"T "tie-it-in" to options !
New Colors are always a good thing -- an "historical -Army green" would be nice, or even a renamed "Recon Green" like my 2016 G.C. (love that color) . New DARK Brown, Premium Cloth seating material . The current is too light and the leather is hideous too . . . remember now it's just my opinion . . . you can totally love it and I won't get mad, promise . Oh, and if we haven't already, lets make the 7" UConnect the Standard and shit-can the 5" turd ! Being an "old fart" I'd sure like to see the return of the same CD player that's (still) in the New RAM DT's . Don't even bother explaining to me how easy it is to download iTunes songs, blah blah blah or convert my CDs into digital format on my "smart" phone or iPad, of which I have no "smart" phone (flipper baby, just like Gibbs . . . my hero !) . Gibbs ? you out their ? Don't you dare get back with (anyone of) your X-wives ! and while your at it, bring back Ziva for some cameos next season . . . and yea, there better be a next season . . . it would just kill me to not see the many facial expressions you so eloquently portray your deepest thoughts (in silence) . And yes, I DO HAVE most of the seasons on DVD . . . can I play them on the 8.4 inch screen ? Not without that player ! ta da, full circle . :headbang: :whew: :LOL:
Sponsored