Sponsored

Set on a 2018...help with pricing?

metrodjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 chevy malibu
I've been looking for a new 2018 wrangler for a few months now. I found the vehicle attached and online, the MSRP is $41,520 and the "online price" is $35,514. The woman I spoke to said they won't negotiate over the phone for fear that I will take the price as leverage to a different dealer...but that if I come in they SHOULD be able to get it down to the online price.

If that is the case and they offer 35,514...do you think this would be a good deal still? A lot of people are saying 14-15% off MSRP is a good deal, but I can't help but feel a little hesitant that I could get something similar for a 2019?

I am also told that the only additional fees would be title, tax, and plate transfer. What is the deal with "dealer" fees that I've seen so many people mention? Is this just for ordering new online?

Any input helps! I appreciate you guys!
Sponsored

Attachments

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I am also told that the only additional fees would be title, tax, and plate transfer. What is the deal with "dealer" fees that I've seen so many people mention? Is this just for ordering new online?
The most common dealer fee, is the "mandatory" document fee. This is included on any dealer purchase, not just new. Rough estimate for fees would be $99-200 is considered low, $201-399 is on the borderline fair side. Anything above $400 is excessive.

Some dealers may also try slipping in some extra margin by pre-installing "accessories" packages on inventory vehicles. Example: nitrogen-filled tires, wheel locks and door guards for the low low price of $699

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
What do they mean "should be able to get down to the online price"? It's either the price or it isn't. Sounds like they just want you in the dealership so they can bait and switch and then wear you down. Is there any particular reason you prefer buying off the lot to a custom order?

OP
OP

metrodjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 chevy malibu
What do they mean "should be able to get down to the online price"? It's either the price or it isn't. Sounds like they just want you in the dealership so they can bait and switch and then wear you down. Is there any particular reason you prefer buying off the lot to a custom order?
Mainly price. I've built out the model that I would want and its always more expensive than I would like. I think this deal is still cheaper than building one out and getting a certain % off invoice price.

shutamouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I really like this price IF these are the options you want. It's a great percent off. I chose a custom order as I had to make some tough decisions on options to keep under budget. I'd hate to see you spend $35k on something you weren't perfectly happy with.

That said, if that's what you want, go in and offer $35,514. If they're unwilling to do that, then I wouldn't waste your time bargaining. If they won't be upfront with their pricing, another dealership will.

Best of luck.
Sponsored