Sponsored

Let's see how bad the Uconnect issues are!

What Uconnect issues do you or have you had?

• Total voters

Shakey Graves

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport Unlimited (JLU)
Occupation
Data Analysis, Photographer
***Categories for the poll are updated with more choices. If you previously voted for "none" and you now have a valid choice, please edit and recast your vote. We are trying to get accurate data. Thanks!***

We all know at this point that the Uconnect radios are having a lot of issues. I would like to start a poll to see just how bad it really is. This is relating to the JL and JLU only, not previous model years.

Can you kindly vote on what issue you are having/had? Also, if we need to add another category, please let me know and I will try and add it into the mix.

Keep in mind, you can vote for multiple issues if you have experienced multiple.

Background on my issues/vote for reference:

My radio is completely dead/has zero power at this point along with the backup cam, USB ports and cigarette lighter. I experienced static/BT cutout on mine before it's untimely death. I also noticed audio issues if I was plugged into the USB port in particular in the center console. It seemed as if the radio's processor could not handle the direct USB connection's data fast enough to keep up. Just a guess on that one...
Sponsored

Last edited:

MeanPeachMojito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester, 2019 JLU Sport S
Can you kindly vote on what issue you are having/had? Also, if we need to add another category, please let me know and I will try and add it into the mix.
Uconnect had a mind of it's own. Just decided to spazz out for no reason. GPS died during navigation. Started making random phone calls. Radio changed stations all by itself. Repeatedly.

Sidenote: I haven't had the problem since a few updates have happened.

OP
OP

Shakey Graves

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport Unlimited (JLU)
Occupation
Data Analysis, Photographer
Uconnect had a mind of it's own. Just decided to spazz out for no reason. GPS died during navigation. Started making random phone calls. Radio changed stations all by itself. Repeatedly.

Sidenote: I haven't had the problem since a few updates have happened.
Wow, I have not heard of the random phone calls or changing stations. The Uconnect quality control team needs to be retrained or something.

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Don't have anything you mentioned but some others I do have: the radio randomly restarting, the backup cam randomly being completely black at times or missing the park lines, rebooting with the tazerJL always fixes it

shannond12

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
I had the weird speaker tone issue for a couple of starts over about an hour and then went away. Think it happened around the time of a system update. You "might" say it's uconnect related. However, I've been super happy with it. Makes my 2014 era sync look like a joke. CarPlay, speakerphone capability and app functionality has been really good.

Sponsored

Arkewn

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
There is a significant number of users experiencing audio cut out on ALL sources - not just BT. For clarity I would suggest adding another field or updating the 'BT Audio cutout/static' field to something more general unless this is an issue all by itself?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Mine isn't doing any of those things, but it does occasionally lock up where I can only get into Android Auto, but nothing else, or the opposite, where I can get into Uconnect apps/functions but not into Android Auto. Mine also sometimes won't connect by bluetooth to the phone, but I firmly believe that is a Google Pixel 3XL issue, not an issue with Uconnect, because it doesn't do that with other phones.

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
I had the weird speaker tone issue for a couple of starts over about an hour and then went away. Think it happened around the time of a system update. You "might" say it's uconnect related. However, I've been super happy with it. Makes my 2014 era sync look like a joke. CarPlay, speakerphone capability and app functionality has been really good.
This morning CarPlay was fine on the way to baseball practice. After practice, phone knows it’s connected and car knows phone is connected, but pressing CarPlay on screen just goes black and then back to whatever I was displaying before (SXM or navigation, etc). First time in the month I’ve had the car that I’ve had any issues with CarPlay or Uconnect.

Rubiconnor

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Mine doesn't have any of those issues however randomly it wont allow me to change apps. If it is in the radio app and I try to change to media, climate, or nav it wont allow it and the other way around too. I can still change stations with the steering wheel button but it is a pain when I cant get back to nav while using it.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Only issue was missing Off Road Pages. I have them now
I've had more quirky issues since the off road pages came along than I had before.

Does anyone know if there has been a recent firmware update or if one is coming soon? Mine isn't terrible, but occasionally has a bad day. Yesterday was one. Early, it locked onto Uconnect nav and apps, among which I could move freely, but wouldn't let me into Android. Then last night it did the opposite. All Android and no Uconnect. Weird.

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
My 8.4 has always worked perfectly, It has never updated and that u connect app will not work for me And I do not have off road pages . However everything in the Jeep pertaining to the 8.4 has always worked well.

USMCBK1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
My unconnect is possessed, the list is too long of all the quirks it has, sometimes won’t turn on, won’t turn off, freezes, no back up lines, sometimes the camera stays on even when moving forward, cycles on over and over again, when simply just putting my hand on the door handle,even without the key.. always random and never on command, like when I bring it in Tuesday morning... plenty of video and pictures, but that only goes so far... congrats to most who have zero issues.. must be nice, I’ll never know...

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
I guess Non WINS another useless complainers section
Sponsored