Sponsored

Trick to getting windshield wipers off..

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
My son and I just went through this. They seem like they’re on there tighter than hell, the all of a sudden they pop off with no effort at all. It about getting the right angle, maybe? No tool was needed.
Sponsored

MojoHanky

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU V6 6M ($299 lease and driven like stolen), BMW 335D (400whp/600wtq)
Yep, took my wipers off of my Jan 2019 build for the first time today. It wasn't easy, but a little bit of wiggling got them off. Just takes some effort. Flip the hinge of the wiper up. Tap the wiper base with the heal of your hand (maybe even a rubber mallet if you need to) while giving some rotational pressure and wiggling.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@OldGuyNewJeep
@MojoHanky

Best bet is to use a puller. Over time ... if you keep doing it the wiggling, pounding way, you will wear/damage the splines on the male that you insert the wiper female into. Puller is say $12.00+- and will come in handy if you tend to drop the windshield lots, etc..

Oh, if you lose a plastic wiper cap, here is the part #:

wiper-cap.jpg

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
@OldGuyNewJeep
@MojoHanky

Best bet is to use a puller. Over time ... if you keep doing it the wiggling, pounding way, you will wear/damage the splines on the male that you insert the wiper female into. Puller is say $12.00+- and will come in handy if you tend to drop the windshield lots, etc..

Oh, if you lose a plastic wiper cap, here is the part #:

wiper-cap.jpg
I hope I won’t need to drop the windshield ever again. I was chasing a rattle, and found it! Check out this wiring poking through the seal. It’s been making me mental since I got this Jeep.

Poked in in, some silicone, and flex tape over the top since the silicone wasn’t enough to keep the bent weather strip in place.

43F97022-9136-485F-9A34-3749DC9E68C3.jpeg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I hope I won’t need to drop the windshield ever again. I was chasing a rattle, and found it! Check out this wiring poking through the seal. It’s been making me mental since I got this Jeep.

Poked in in, some silicone, and flex tape over the top since the silicone wasn’t enough to keep the bent weather strip in place.

43F97022-9136-485F-9A34-3749DC9E68C3.jpeg
@OldGuyNewJeep

Geeez, I'm surprised you were not getting wind noise and whistling also...

Have you read that I installed a Pedal Commander... WOW.. was pulling my loaded motorcycle trailer today and what a difference the Pedal Commander makes when towing.... makes a difference with driving in general...
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/pedal-commander-now-in-stock.16958/
Sponsored