Sponsored

JL Wrangler Engine Swap - V8 LS3 Crate Engine

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
So why is the Hellcrate only available in manual?
Sponsored

SarahMobius

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plymouth Breeze, Jeep Wrangler JLU

Sponsored

XTJake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.extremeterrain.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Social Media Community Coordinator
Talk about making moves in the right direction!

This is definitely a badass swap, and It would be great to see a video of this JL tearing it up with that big ol V8. I wonder how or if they were able to disable to ESS completely with the swap.

-Jake

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Given that the starting price of their JK self-install conversion kit is $18,900, it may be more cost effective to hire Nicholas Cage and his crew to steal that Wrangler Hellcat concept for you.

Merica!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully JLU
Occupation
Future breaker of JL Wrangler parts!
Wow it is amazing how fast the aftermarket is creating products for the jl. Im impressed.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I'm just going to put a 2.0 turbo in the trunk to drive the rear wheels, kind of like the twin hemi Hurricane...
jeep-hurricane-9.jpg

Sponsored

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Jeep's really sleeping on the SRT model here.
I'm not 100% convinced they are missing it. They could well be planning to make one in the next year or two, but pre-announcing that fact would probably kill some sales today - most likely the high-end sales that FCA really doesn't want to lose.

I would be surprised if we enter 2020 without a sniff of SRT/Hemi/TrailCat/etc. At that point I'd say they've really screwed the pooch, but today they've got all the press, buzz, and demand they need. They'd almost be crazy *not* to stretch it out a few years.

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
They could have been making an SRT model for at least 10 years now. I'm sure we'll see one eventually, but they have missed the boat long enough
In terms of competing with the likes of Land Rover and Mercedes G, Jeep has a very narrow window of opportunity. Only the 6.4 or the 6.2SC/Hellcat can make a difference. Anything else, like a turbo V6 wouldn't make it desirable on the floor parked next to the competition no matter what the numbers on paper say. People will look at rock crawling abilities last, in a halo product.

For anyone just wanting oomph, adding a proven supercharger on the 3.6 is actually better than a factory 6.4 because the setup gives the same or better power:weight ratio, is fully reversible and sounds more unique than V8s. Downside is the need for premium fuel... warranty is a non-issue if done right.

Zoobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I was at the Jeep Jamboree in Moab, and a guy rolled up with this corvette engine in his JKU. Was pretty awesome!

Graham22

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 (sold) 2011 Jeep JKUR (sold) 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon SRT8....my unicorn vehicle, dare I say, the perfect vehicle. I would put a deposit down so fast for one of those! Sadly I doubt a v8 of any kind will ever make it into a factory wrangler.

thenewrick

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S P85+ / Subaru Baja Turbo 5-Speed
I've seen a few of these conversions online and I'm always surprised by the price. I'd think it'd be $10k to have a shop install an LS3 and they'd get the 3.6L Pentastar out of it maybe. Maybe I'm a cheap ass.
Sponsored