Sponsored

Off Road Pages Coordinates & Altitude

Does your Off Road Pages Coordinates & Altitude working?

• Total voters

18BlackJLRU

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4XE Rubicon
I’m curious to know how many of us that have the Off Road Pages have the Coodinates and Altitude information working.

Since I took delivery of my Jeep at the end of August, I only saw it working once last week!

195085EB-3711-4754-89AF-D81983510979.jpeg

CC1399AB-3CF6-4473-8054-50973F1601AB.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
JLUR, 3.6, loaded. The off road page dwnld has caused a lot of minor issues with uconnect, including not having altitude and GPS coordinates. I did bring it to the dealership. Left it over night. They did not understand the problem ... so I took the JLUR back with me. I've decided to wait until after June 2019 to let the dealerships get up to speed with addressing uconnect issues. Dealership mechanics have little training in solving uconnect issues.

No way will I allow the JL to be at the dealership for weeks on end so they can figure out what is going on. Uconnect engineers should talk directly with customers to get these issues resolved. Mechanics add little value.

nerp

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
interface.ninja
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Software Architect / Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
... Uconnect engineers should talk directly with customers to get these issues resolved. Mechanics add little value.
OMG this. When you talk to the UConnect tech support, if they don't understand your issue, they are trained to say "take it to the dealer." 95% of the time, my issue with UConnect is software-related, NOT hardware related. Granted, hardware problems need to go to the mechanics, but there is NOTHING other than an update that can fix software issues.

This stupidity ends up costing a whole lot of money as mechanics replace UConnects, Amps, Speakers, Wiring, and ODB chips to fix or diagnose a problem that is CLEARLY software-based and due to defects that UConnect didn't find in their automated testing.

After an OTA, I started having problems with bluetooth connection and I called UConnect to report the issue. Instead of taking a report on the issue, they kept saying to take it in to the dealer and that my dealer had "special information" to be able to diagnose the problem. At my regular maintenance, I mentioned it to the dealer and they called bullhockey on this. I'd love to hear from a dealer mechanic here, but mine said all she could do was 1) check the databases for reports of the same problem or solutions, 2) update software, or 3) replace hardware.

I would love it if UConnect would act like a software company instead of a car parts company. Write up my issue and give me an issue number. Let me send data back and forth to a technician to nail the problem down via the internet. Follow up on the issue and let me know if and when a fix is available (send me an email).

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I have a feeling u connect is not going to get very much business after the free trial is over!

Patinito

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB "Saharacon"
Occupation
SysAdmin
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates on the fix for this? Same thing happens with mine.

IMG_1081.jpeg

Sponsored

TRJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jl Rubicon
Does the Jeep navigation maps show your correct position? The GPS antenna need to see open sky, the antenna may be no good or may be not connected.

Patinito

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB "Saharacon"
Occupation
SysAdmin
Vehicle Showcase
Does the Jeep navigation maps show your correct position? The GPS antenna need to see open sky, the antenna may be no good or may be not connected.
Yes. No issues with the the Nav in showing my position.

TRJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jl Rubicon
1 more idea but I am reaching. navigation, settings, GPS, what is selected? I have DDD MM' SS.SS"

Patinito

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB "Saharacon"
Occupation
SysAdmin
Vehicle Showcase
1 more idea but I am reaching. navigation, settings, GPS, what is selected? I have DDD MM' SS.SS"
I believe I have it set like that too but I will verify in a bit. Thanks for helping out.

Patinito

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB "Saharacon"
Occupation
SysAdmin
Vehicle Showcase
Yes my setting is DDD MM’ SS.SS”.

BUT....

In switching from another format back to DDD MM’ SS.SS” it brought back the position and altitude! Man i have been messing with this for months and this fixed it. Not sure if it’s only temporary but it might be a hot fix if it acts up again.

THANK YOU TRJeff! :like:
A627565F-520B-4D41-A230-BFE56A08A4D3.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
If Uconnect software engineers could only figure out how to reset the Unconnect system ... many of these types of problems would be solved. Brought my JL to the dealership and they could not reset the Uconnect system.

Patinito

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB "Saharacon"
Occupation
SysAdmin
Vehicle Showcase
Well this morning it went back to the dashed lines on GPS and ALT. meh.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Is there any solution to this problem? It’s not a huge deal but it’s like buying pants and finding out one of pockets is sewn shut. We should get what we paid for.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any solution to this problem? It’s not a huge deal but it’s like buying pants and finding out one of pockets is sewn shut. We should get what we paid for.
There is an easy solution...buy a 2019, mine works fine. Who buys a first year model?
Sponsored