Tom Jk to Jl

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and just ordered my 2019 JLU sport s soft top.

My question is, does anyone know of a product that would provide "corners" for when the side windows are out?

I don't mean to invoke a debate, but I personally think the canopy/safari looking thing is very unattractive. In fact it was the single reason I considered NOT buying the JL!

But all of the other pros outweighed this con and I went with it.

Just curious if there's anything in the works to help those of us who don't like that corner-less look.

Or if an aftermarket company (bestop, Smitty built, quadratec, etc) might be developing a more traditional looking top?
Sponsored

opsfox21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2023 WL Overland
Hi all,

My question is, does anyone know of a product that would provide "corners" for when the side windows are out?

I don't mean to invoke a debate, but I personally think the canopy/safari looking thing is very unattractive. In fact it was the single reason I considered NOT buying the JL!

Just curious if there's anything in the works to help those of us who don't like that corner-less look.

Or if an aftermarket company (bestop, Smitty built, quadratec, etc) might be developing a more traditional looking top?
I didn't like it at first either, but then I realized it's similar to the M38A1 soft top.

%2767_Kaiser_Jeep_%28Auto_classique_VAQ_St-Lambert_%2712%29.jpg

Problem solved, it is traditional! :beer:

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Hi all,

I only know it in the Power Soft top's ability to remove the back side windows, or in a DIY hard top build for the JK https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/converting-a-factory-jk-jku-hardtop-to-modular.160775/ that in theory I'd imagine would work for the JL as well.

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL, 2018 Renegade Latitude 4x4
Maybe you should look into getting a fast back top, such as a Besttop Trektop

OP
OP

Tom Jk to Jl

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
Thanks for the replies!

Ok I can agree that it looks something like the military Jeep, I guess I don't like that look either!! To me this looks very strange and unbalanced
IMG_20190322_063517.jpg

As for the trektop, is ' never really been a fan of the fastback type of tops because i don't really care for the 45deg angle on the back.

Oh well, from my research it seems that I'm definitely in the minority on this one.

The fugly top is all the more reason to drive with it fully down as much as possible, so that's a positive!!

Sponsored

Grindhouseknives

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLU Sport S
I didn't like it at first either, but then I realized it's similar to the M38A1 soft top.

%2767_Kaiser_Jeep_%28Auto_classique_VAQ_St-Lambert_%2712%29.jpg

Problem solved, it is traditional! :beer:
Nice looking M38A1. I had one as my daily driver in college. It started what my kids refer to as my Jeep problem!! Mine was a ‘53 USMC version. I drove it for 2 years without a heater. I wish I still had it but I got tired of driving everywhere at 45 MPH!

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe you can find the plastic corner pieces from the side windows (without the actual window/fabric) and install them when the windows are out, like a D pillar.
Sponsored