JLU Soft Top channels

ChadR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
IT
Hi, I’ve read many threads on hardtop (and some soft top) racks. So forgive me for another.

I’m wondering if anybody can share what the strengths are for the soft top bracket channels? The seem pretty strong and maybe could hold a removable bar bracket for a front bar. Paired with a hitch bar, I’m wondering if it may support a kayak or 2.

Only looking at options for soft top. It seems hard top options out there are pretty sound.
Sponsored

tdoga2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Bump! I've been wondering the same for my '18 JLUR w/ soft top. I need to go fishing (on my Kayak.) Bueller? Anyone?

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
I wonder if a windshield light bar bracket would be an option. Kayaks aren't too heavy; I'll bet you could make it work. The one from Fishbone (FB21058) appears to stick up the highest, but, you may need to put a spacer under the Kayak to clear the top unless your hitch-mount "goalpost" was especially tall. If you don't want/need a light bar, I'll bet a length of all-thread could be used (maybe with a piece of black pipe over it). Maybe you could call Gobi and see if they'd sell you just the front bar from their stealth rack?

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Bump! I've been wondering the same for my '18 JLUR w/ soft top. I need to go fishing (on my Kayak.) Bueller? Anyone?
If you have a tow hitch, then check out .....hitchmount-rack.com
Sponsored