JLU Soft top parts

Stingen73

First Name
Stinge73
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Hi everyone, I have a chance to buy a premium JLU soft top for 500 bucks. He thinks he might be missing the small box with the bolts and a couple of hardware pieces. Does anyone know what is in that box and how I might be able to get parts? Is my best bet to just buy it lay out all the pieces download a parts list and see what I missing and then order them? I figure even if I missing $200 worth of parts it’s well worth it.
Sponsored

DougM

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Islander
Hi everyone, I have a chance to buy a premium JLU soft top for 500 bucks. He thinks he might be missing the small box with the bolts and a couple of hardware pieces. Does anyone know what is in that box and how I might be able to get parts? Is my best bet to just buy it lay out all the pieces download a parts list and see what I missing and then order them? I figure even if I missing $200 worth of parts it’s well worth it.
If the rails, cloth, arms are in good shape, yes, this is well worth it. In fact, I just made a second-hand purchase with missing parts myself.

I would recommend you watch one of the installation videos to know what to look for. The installation instruction PDF (from Mopar) & a pretty good video is available from Quadratec: https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/twill-full-soft-top-kit-black-wrangler-jl-unlimited/black-tinted

Beyond a missing miscellaneous screw or bolt, the most likely missing parts are the two "soft top bow bracket" -- this is a $8 part that attaches to the roll-bar (which the full system slots into for support), and does not need to be removed when putting the hard top back on. A link to this bracket is here: https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/soft-top-bow-bracket-wrangler-jl-unlimited

I was thinking, no worries, I'll just order online or go to the dealer's parts department. I went there and found out that is NOT a stock item, is backordered from Mopar, and likely won't be available for 1-2 weeks. I also tried the online approach and I've not found any in stock (except for a $50 pair on eBay). So, for now, my "new" soft top sits in the garage awaiting the part's arrival.

Hope this helps

OP
OP
Stingen73

Stingen73

First Name
Stinge73
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
If the rails, cloth, arms are in good shape, yes, this is well worth it. In fact, I just made a second-hand purchase with missing parts myself.

I would recommend you watch one of the installation videos to know what to look for. The installation instruction PDF (from Mopar) & a pretty good video is available from Quadratec: https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/twill-full-soft-top-kit-black-wrangler-jl-unlimited/black-tinted

Beyond a missing miscellaneous screw or bolt, the most likely missing parts are the two "soft top bow bracket" -- this is a $8 part that attaches to the roll-bar (which the full system slots into for support), and does not need to be removed when putting the hard top back on. A link to this bracket is here: https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/soft-top-bow-bracket-wrangler-jl-unlimited

I was thinking, no worries, I'll just order online or go to the dealer's parts department. I went there and found out that is NOT a stock item, is backordered from Mopar, and likely won't be available for 1-2 weeks. I also tried the online approach and I've not found any in stock (except for a $50 pair on eBay). So, for now, my "new" soft top sits in the garage awaiting the part's arrival.

Hope this helps
Judging by an install video it looks like these are the parts in the small box..

6B283251-A891-419B-847A-39DAFFF4F9DB.png

OP
OP
Stingen73

Stingen73

First Name
Stinge73
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Everything else is brand new in the box.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
That’s a good deal. Those missing parts won’t be very much to order.
Gregj
Sponsored