• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sway Bar Quick Disconnect Recommendations?

Archer85

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
So I got a 2.5'' lift kit and want to get sway bar quick disconnects for JLU Sport S. All im seeing are JKS kits for $175 with new sway bars. Do they have just the quick disconnects pins for the JLU that dont require replacing the sway bar????? Links would be great, thanks guys!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Archer85

Archer85

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
I installed rubicon express disconnects, work well for the price, nothinf special
Did that come with new sway bars or just pins? What was the price?

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Did that come with new sway bars or just pins? What was the price?
Everything to replace the sway bar end links.

The stock sway bar itself stays, nothing wrong with that part

Mine was $180cad

OP
OP
Archer85

Archer85

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Everything to replace the sway bar end links.

The stock sway bar itself stays, nothing wrong with that part

Mine was $180cad
Yea $180 seems like a lot just to make it quick disconnect. I hate seeing JK quick disconnects for like $40 lol.

Sponsored

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
JKS end links are beefy. Had them on my TJ, think it's overkill though.

c20040215

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S; 2023 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I have Rubicon Express HD Quick Disconnects. Love them and they have worked very well for me.
any cutting or drilling required for the Rubicon quick disconnects?

Wrangler-NS

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
any cutting or drilling required for the Rubicon quick disconnects?
Yes. You have to cut the tab off the mount on the passenger side to have room for the mounting post. I've attached the installation manual for your reference.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sponsored

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL, 2018 Renegade Latitude 4x4
I ordered the Rancho kit... still waiting for it to be delivered to my local 4WP for pick up - hopefully soon! Anyway, I opted for this kit specifically because there’s no cutting involved.

JKS seems to be the standard kit but the cutting thing doesn’t sit well with me so.. Rancho it is!

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I ordered the Rancho kit... still waiting for it to be delivered to my local 4WP for pick up - hopefully soon! Anyway, I opted for this kit specifically because there’s no cutting involved.

JKS seems to be the standard kit but the cutting thing doesn’t sit well with me so.. Rancho it is!
Update on the Rancho kit? This is something I'm looking to get as well.

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL, 2018 Renegade Latitude 4x4
Update on the Rancho kit? This is something I'm looking to get as well.
Still waiting for it to be delivered. Expected delivery date from USPS is Friday 3/29 I’ll update then! If it delivers as expected, I’ll definitely get it installed same day and will be sure to document install and post back here.

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Before you even attempt to install the Rancho kit... look at this thread..

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rancho-vs-rock-krawler-vs-jks-sway-bar-links.17963/

I have the Rancho Kit.. link is way too long for a 2.5 inch lift kit ( I have a Rough Country 2.5 inch lift kit on a Unlimited Sport) ... Rancho promised to make a shorter version.. I have yet to call and ask if there is a new version of the link.. however I doubt it will ever be produced.. see... The Rancho kit has these bracket where the quick disconnect link attaches... that bracket raises the connecting point by a couple inches.. I even cut the link by two inches.. even then the angle on the Sway Bar is about 13 degrees.. their documentation states that the angle should be less than - / + 5 degrees.. I will publish a photo when I get a chance.. I liked the idea of the Rancho kit because I didn't have to cut anything.. but the design as I bought it is way too long for a 2.5 lift kit.. I imagine it works fine for a much higher lift kit.. perhaps 4.5+ inches

BTW.. .Which Rock Krawler quick link fits the JL ? So far I have only seen the one for JK..
Sponsored

Last edited: