Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I agree....hope they dont try and screw you
They followed up and said no add ons needed and it’ll be delivered as-is from the factory so that’s good. Looks like I’m in JB status now too so not much longer.

Twistedfab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
On every vehicle I have ordered I never had a dealer try to add extra stuff and then try to charge me for it. Has anyone ever experienced this first hand?

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
On every vehicle I have ordered I never had a dealer try to add extra stuff and then try to charge me for it. Has anyone ever experienced this first hand?
Yep

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
A couple comments from our delivery earlier this week that might help others in their delivery. . .

Thanks to the delivery checklist and further posts on this forum, we were able to inspect a lot of things that were beyond the normal "fit and finish" review before driving off into the sunset with our new Jeep. On our test drive before taking possession, I noticed the tires were still pumped up above 45psi, so they corrected upon our return. I popped the hood and found about 80% or more of the fuses were not "clicked" in to place. Yikes, I hope that prevented future mysterious electrical issues. Our salesperson had never heard of Jeeps coming with the windshield straps or locking lug nuts. No little bag of connectors / heat shrink to go with my towing package, but we did get a Jeep plug for the trailer hitch receiver. The removable drain plugs were missing in the Mopar floor mats and I relayed the explanation of how the mat "drain tube" is supposed to stick down thru the body pan to function; my carpet was not cutout at the drain locations and I pointed out that meant any dirt, water, slush, whatever finds it's way to the mats would then just soak the carpet. Looking at other Jeeps on the lot, it looks like this is a common factory QC issue, as it was hit or miss on whether the plugs were there or whether the carpet was cutout for the drain. The Jeeps that had no plug but did have the carpet cutout. . . yep, you can see the pavement below.

So. . . check the details, of course, before leaving the lot. If you got Mopar mats, check the conditions I noted.

Deleted member 29342

Figured it may be a good idea to isolate a single thread to find information on what should be coming with your new JL, as I’m sure some folks have gotten shafted already and not received all the little extras upon delivery. Not everyone knows that info, so here’s what I have gathered thus far (feel free to chime in and I’ll edit if I’m missing items):

1. Two sets of keys
2. Jeep mini ratchet set/Torx (for hardtop/windshield/doors)
3. Lugnut key (if you have locking lugs)
4. Freedom top storage bag (if equipped)
5. Carpet floor mats standard (but not if all season mats are equipped)
6. JL Wrangler Owners Manual/Warranty guide (may just be in your Jeep’s infotainment system only). Not 100%, but can be printed if requested directly through Jeep.
7. Jeep hitch receiver rubber insert (if trailer towing group is equipped)
8. Towing Pkg only: small baggie with tubing and splices.
9. Rubicon only: MOPAR Black Fuel Filler Door
10. Block heater option, you need to be sure you get the removable cord that is part of the block heater kit (and look under your hood for it if not in a separate bag)
11. Rear Cargo cubby rubber mat (on 4 door)
12. Rubber mats inside your center console
13. Velcro straps if you have a sun rider top
14. If you get the Trail Management Cargo System, the cargo compartment floor-mat is included
15. Trail Management Cargo System option should include 6 tie down blocks

Also, ensure you get registered for the “Jeep Wave Program” because your new JL will receive complimentary maintainence for a period of time.

CONFIRMED NOT INCLUDED:
Windshield tie downs

What am I missing?
Does this apply to 2019 jlu as well.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
1550238121023329441694.jpg
15502381589481335484950.jpg

Didn't read the whole thread but saw no mention of these on the list. Nifty little bag that contains my owners manual and various instructions. And a front license plate mount. It came in the same bag as the freedom top holder.

Sponsored

macycat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler

Didn't read the whole thread but saw no mention of these on the list. Nifty little bag that contains my owners manual and various instructions. And a front license plate mount. It came in the same bag as the freedom top holder.
Picked up ours on Monday, and I can confirm that the nifty little bag that contains the owners manual and various instructions and the front license plate mount are included. I did receive everything on the list a few posts back that I was supposed to receive.

I can also confirm that windshield tie downs are NOT included.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

It's not the owner's manual but a brief coverage of some features, a full paper owner's manual has to be ordered. If I remember a couple of posts the license plate frame usually does not go to states that don't require a front plate.

Deleted member 29342

It's not the owner's manual but a brief coverage of some features, a full paper owner's manual has to be ordered. If I remember a couple of posts the license plate frame usually does not go to states that don't require a front plate.
I test drove a JLUR the other day and the salesman showed me that the owner manual is programmed into the head unit

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I test drove a JLUR the other day and the salesman showed me that the owner manual is programmed into the head unit
Yep or you can download it to your phone/tablet as a backup (in case you have a dead battery and want to look at the manual).

frizille

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR, 2006 Lotus Elise, 2008 Lotus Exige, 1957 Caterham Super Seven
I picked up my silver 2019 JLUR last night. A HUGE thank you to the folks that have contributed to the checklist. I found one issue at the dealer, the Mopar all-weather floor mats weren't properly installed, as others have noted, carpet not punched out, etc. I fixed that. Forgot to check the fuses, will do that tonight. The carpet was a little wet around the rear tailgate area but it was raining when I picked it up so could have been from me leaving the tailgate open while I was checking everything out. There wasn't any water in the jack storage area - had that issue on my JK so I'm well aware of that headache.

Something I noticed late last night when I got home - the hood alignment seems off. The passenger side gap between the hood and the grill seems larger than the one on the drivers side. The hood seems aligned properly with the windshield trim. I did some Googling last night for Jeep pictures and it seems the hood fitment is spot on for some, and off a bit for others. There's a ton of threads out there about it, going as far back as TJ/JK models, but didn't see anything about JLs. Anyone find something similar? It's not hugely noticeable like there's a flaw, I think it's more fit and finish than anything. I read a couple posts where the hood can be adjusted and seemed to be a common and quick 10-minute fix at the dealer for most folks.

EDIT: I put a caliper on it to make sure I wasn't crazy. It's a 4mm gap between the grill and the hood on the driver's side, a 9mm gap between the hood and the grill on the passenger side.

2019-03-12 11.28.42.jpg

2019-03-12 11.28.38.jpg

2019-03-12 11.25.56.jpg

2019-03-12 11.23.01.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: