realjzinkc

First Name
Jamye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hi friends!

I am a brand new Rubicon owner (I've literally had this for less than 48 hours) and so far the only thing I have found a little strange about it is the audio system's "memory", so to speak.

I noticed yesterday when I left my office to pick up lunch that I was listening to a CD, got out of my car to go in and get my meal, but when I got back in, the audio mode had defaulted back to radio instead of picking up where I left off on CD mode.

The same thing happens when I am in AUX mode listening to music through my phone on Spotify. I take the AUX cord out of my phone jack and the audio system remains in AUX mode, I exit the vehicle. When I get back in, it's back to radio mode instead of on the quiet AUX mode when I got out. I have never had a vehicle that did this, nor been in one that did either. Is this a setting that can be changed--and if so, how--or is this just a thing the audio system does on its own? I tried Googling for the result, but with no luck. I don't really know what terms to use besides listing my make and model with "audio mode changing on its own".

For better context, I have what the UConnect page has dubbed the "UConnect 130" system.

Hope someone can advise!
Sponsored

HoosierJL

First Name
Fletch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Hi friends!

I am a brand new Rubicon owner (I've literally had this for less than 48 hours) and so far the only thing I have found a little strange about it is the audio system's "memory", so to speak.

I noticed yesterday when I left my office to pick up lunch that I was listening to a CD, got out of my car to go in and get my meal, but when I got back in, the audio mode had defaulted back to radio instead of picking up where I left off on CD mode.

The same thing happens when I am in AUX mode listening to music through my phone on Spotify. I take the AUX cord out of my phone jack and the audio system remains in AUX mode, I exit the vehicle. When I get back in, it's back to radio mode instead of on the quiet AUX mode when I got out. I have never had a vehicle that did this, nor been in one that did either. Is this a setting that can be changed--and if so, how--or is this just a thing the audio system does on its own? I tried Googling for the result, but with no luck. I don't really know what terms to use besides listing my make and model with "audio mode changing on its own".

For better context, I have what the UConnect page has dubbed the "UConnect 130" system.

Hope someone can advise!
Hi realjzinkc.

It sounds like you have a JK. You posted this in the JL wrangler forums. The JL has no CD option.

OP
OP

realjzinkc

First Name
Jamye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi realjzinkc.

It sounds like you have a JK. You posted this in the JL wrangler forums. The JL has no CD option.
Oh geeze, I had no idea they even got that technical. Clearly I have A LOT of homework to do...

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
Oh geeze, I had no idea they even got that technical. Clearly I have A LOT of homework to do...
FWIW, my 2014 JK has the same issue. If I shut it off while listening to my phone connected via BT, it will default to radio the next time I start it. Total design fail, IMHO.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
What's a CD??? ;)

Sponsored

OP
OP

realjzinkc

First Name
Jamye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's a CD??? ;)
Lol I wish I didn't have to say I STILL have a ton of them! My old vehicle was a 2009 base model Nissan Versa and it *only* had radio and CD. No AUX or anything. I clung to my CDs for dear life because I can't stand the radio!

OP
OP

realjzinkc

First Name
Jamye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FWIW, my 2014 JK has the same issue. If I shut it off while listening to my phone connected via BT, it will default to radio the next time I start it. Total design fail, IMHO.
That's good to know, thank you!
Sponsored