sten

sten

First Name
sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2018 JL
Good stuff, yes it's only me and my wife so probably don't need much more than 37-45 quarts. Can't wait to get our baby down to its final destination and explore the beauty of Baja and BCS! Apart from the friendly Wrangler-waives here in Austin, its capabilities are not really being leveraged!

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
Got this back in 2014 for my boat.. Been outside most of the year on my boat and still going strong. Several upgrades since it looks like they have done. Appears all stainless hinges and handles and the plug/controls are on the side vs the front. I also paid slightly less back then also. Not sure with others are going for but just tossing it out there with my experience. Same dual fridge/freezer options.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008VX01P2/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Just to give you an idea of size, etc....Here are a couple pics. I ran it for several months without a cover because they were backordered. Now I have the cover, too, and it is of nice quality. The Engel models are awesome and was a finalist for me, but they couldn't beat the price I got on the Snomaster. A couple of important features, whatever the brand, are a drain plug, LED light that shines away from you instead of at you when you open the door, and an alarm if the lid is not closed tightly. The LS35 has all of those features. I'd also look at ARB. They are made by Dometic, but are said to have much better customer service.
ePqwNZu.jpg
cJFxpeC.jpg
fnSACxS.jpg

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
They make them from 12l to 95l I believe. Something to fit everyone’s size or use requirements. We were originally planning on an arb due to product name recognition and the specs of the extreme they have. After extensive studying up we decided to go with snomaster. So far we are happy as can be. We bought it Super Bowl Sunday and have been using it nearly non stop sense. Not a long time by any means but don’t expect any issues with it keeping temp in the Houston summer.

I’m not a forum sponsor so I won’t be selling them but would love to point you to my buddy Todd that is the North America distributor. Any questions please let me know.

Brett
Yup Todd is a great guy. I in my pic, the fridge is just in there, for scale, I plan on getting a slide, the black box in there has been replaced with XG Cargo Magellan bags.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Yup Todd is a great guy. I in my pic, the fridge is just in there, for scale, I plan on getting a slide, the black box in there has been replaced with XG Cargo Magellan bags.
I gotcha. Those slides are nice. The 56 takes up most of the cargo area but is easy to get in and out. We don’t plan on overlanding but will be camping for a night when we do the rubicon and space will be at a premium. Hopefully we can pack everything in with two seats folded down.

Brett

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS

dugal

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara, 1974 BMW R90/6
Occupation
Retired, the best job I ever had.
I have the Dometic 50L and it's got lots of space, but it's heavy if you're going to moving around. The Alpicool has a retractable handle and can be wheeled like a suitcase. For me that's a lot more flexible if you're going to moving it from the jeep to a motel room. Both the Dometic and Alpicool have gotten good reviews and come in a variety of sizes. Check it out. Cheers

Sponsored

Jeff1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Is anyone running theirs off the factory 12v outlet in the back, any problems? I have the ARB fridge and was wondering if I'll need to run a dedicated power from the battery once my JLUR comes in.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Is anyone running theirs off the factory 12v outlet in the back, any problems? I have the ARB fridge and was wondering if I'll need to run a dedicated power from the battery once my JLUR comes in.
I ran the Snomaster LS35 all last summer and fall off the factory 12v with no apparent issues.

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Prior to wiring my fridge (ARB 37) up to the Aux switches and installing the ARB outlet under my driver seat I ran mine from this outlet for a weekend or two with no issues.

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
I have the Adventure Trailers Fridge Stove combo slide. I'm going to put a Dometic 40 or and Engle on it. Already have the custom Partner Steel stove for the slide. Will be mounting it all to either GooseGear or homemade plate. (probably GG). Going to add the new Dometic PLB 40 battery that can power the fridge all weekend on a single charge and not bother with wiring to the main battery. The PLB can be charged straight off the Jeeps cig lighter (driving or not) or solar or plugged into AC. Its much lighter and smaller than the Goal Zero Lithium . The GZ Lithium cant be charged by the Jeeps 12v while driving due to the way GZ battery tech works and that type of lithium battery.

Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 9.27.28 AM.png
Sponsored