Sponsored

Proximity - Auto lock when exiting?

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Am I doing this wrong? Just got my 19 JLUR and have the passive entry fob/proximity entry. Walking up and touching the handles works like a charm and doors unlock. BUT, getting out and walking away the doors are not auto locking. I have to close the door and then press the door handle button. Is this correct?

On my 18 Honda Pilot, its the same for entry, but when you get out and leave, it auto locks all the doors with a quick flash and honk.

What am I missing?
Sponsored

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
My Camaro had the auto lock. I liked it quite it a bit. You just get out and walk away. The locks are loud enough that you hear it as your walking.

Not a huge deal but would have been nice since Jeep overcharges for the proximity key.

Sponsored

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
I liked to back my car into spaces but now I really enjoy pulling it in and locking it from the button on the trunk.

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Not a huge deal but would have been nice since Jeep overcharges for the proximity key.
Seriously. I paid for this option assuming it had to be included. I haven't had a vehicle without that feature in a long time. In the three days of owning my JL I've parked it and remembered to lock it once in about 20.
I'll obviously get used to it, it's just annoying that it's not part of the package.

UrbanRogue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Ya sadly no its not an option. Which im ok with. I prefer pushing the chiclet and knowing I locked it. regardless if the lock sound is loud enuf when walking away. I just dont want to have to consciously be paying attention if the sound of lock happened as I was walking away and possibly having a conversation with the wife or kids.

Reading full details in a feature would help in the future. Myself read the feature and knew it did not auto lock. Assumption is the mother of all F ups.

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Reading full details in a feature would help in the future. Myself read the feature and knew it did not auto lock. Assumption is the mother of all F ups.
Yeah, definitely my fault for assuming, it just seemed like it was automatic.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Are you guys sure the doors don't lock themselves after a few minutes? It's not something I would rely on but I'm fairly sure that they do.

UrbanRogue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Are you guys sure the doors don't lock themselves after a few minutes? It's not something I would rely on but I'm fairly sure that they do.
I have yet to have mine Auto lock after I leave the vehicle. They do after driving for a bit. but that is different to me

TexRivers

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
I have had auto lock on several cars and absolutely hate it. I want to be able to open my car doors to get or put something inside when it’s in my driveway or garage without having to carry a big key fob around. Very happy my JL does not have that.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Well it’s called “remote proximity keyless entry “ ..... no mention of anything except ENTRY.

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Am I doing this wrong? Just got my 19 JLUR and have the passive entry fob/proximity entry. Walking up and touching the handles works like a charm and doors unlock. BUT, getting out and walking away the doors are not auto locking. I have to close the door and then press the door handle button. Is this correct?

On my 18 Honda Pilot, its the same for entry, but when you get out and leave, it auto locks all the doors with a quick flash and honk.

What am I missing?
Never heard of such a feature. All proximity key vehicles I’ve owned, you have to touch something on the door. No way I’d want it to lock on its own.
Sponsored