• Total voters

M1kefries

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Post pics of your clean wiring mantra. I wanna see.
it’s all tucked under the carpet now and lots of extra wire. I know it’s there and my OCD is driving me to distraction. The main thing that bothers me is the trigger wires that go to the magnets on the door jambs. They just loop out from under the trim pieces and that offends my sensibilities. I know first world problems right....

I’ll probably end up pulling out the back seat to clean up the excess wire harness. Foe now it’s out of sight and out of mind, kinda...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeeporama

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
it’s all tucked under the carpet now and lots of extra wire. I know it’s there and my OCD is driving me to distraction. The main thing that bothers me is the trigger wires that go to the magnets on the door jambs. They just loop out from under the trim pieces and that offends my sensibilities. I know first world problems right....

I’ll probably end up pulling out the back seat to clean up the excess wire harness. Foe now it’s out of sight and out of mind, kinda...
The 1st world struggle of which power step to choose is oh so real. And wire OCD is a serious concern. :like: :jk:

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
Not sure whether you are looking to trim the deployable step or the rock slider that encases it? If it is just the step I would probably. If it is the slider then a lot of fab would be involved.
Yea I was needing to trim a inch or two off the rockslider itself on rear end.

jeepGRL99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
I have the same question - Just got my lift and tires on my Rubicon and needing advice on which powersteps to go with. I had the regular Amp powerstep on my 2016 Sahara, but see now they offer the new XL version. I like the look of both. Pros and Cons to either?

jeep.JPG

OP
OP
Jeeporama

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same question - Just got my lift and tires on my Rubicon and needing advice on which powersteps to go with. I had the regular Amp powerstep on my 2016 Sahara, but see now they offer the new XL version. I like the look of both. Pros and Cons to either?

jeep.JPG
Well it looks like the XL is a bigger step, but it also appears they are competing with RSE as the XL is a rockrail too. Although from the videos it looks like the actuators would be exposed to the rocks, where as the RSE everything is protected.

Sponsored

jeepGRL99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Well it looks like the XL is a bigger step, but it also appears they are competing with RSE as the XL is a rockrail too. Although from the videos it looks like the actuators would be exposed to the rocks, where as the RSE everything is protected.

Thanks for the videos! I don't really like the look of the RSE's and the step looks alot more narrow than the Amps. I don't take my Jeep off-roading much, so the rock protection isn't as important to me, but I do like the seamless look of the XL and how it doesn't expose the welds underneath when the step is down. I've heard there is a cover for that if you go with the regular Amp steps. Does anyone have any pics of that trim piece on their jeep?

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I think I’m going with the Powerstep XLs. Wider steps & a better look, plus I have the Powersteps on my Superduty & love them. For a Jeep not going to see much pff-roading, I’d say they’re your best option. RSE is your best if you’re looking to off-road.

OP
OP
Jeeporama

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think I’m going with the Powerstep XLs. Wider steps & a better look, plus I have the Powersteps on my Superduty & love them. For a Jeep not going to see much pff-roading, I’d say they’re your best option. RSE is your best if you’re looking to off-road.
I like them except I wish the had an underside view, as I'm wondering if that nice thick step goes inside the rail. Also, the RSE one looks like it will stop debris/dirt from hitting my doors and rear fenders.

apeas2

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK, 2018 Ctsv
Picking up our Rubi today. Anyone with new install of any of these brands? Not going to see rocks but now and then. Thanks!

OP
OP
Jeeporama

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Picking up our Rubi today. Anyone with new install of any of these brands? Not going to see rocks but now and then. Thanks!
I'm planning to get one this spring. I'm still on the fence for which one though. Soon....and I will post pics/video

Sponsored

slapshota10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, BMW M2
I like the power step xl, but not the gratuitoius advertising badge on the outside. Anyone know if it is riveted on or if it can be pulled off and remove the sticky backing with goo-gone?

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I am also debating between these. At first it was the AMP vs Rock Slide.

I liked the AMP better but Rock Slide also protects.

However I just came across the Aries and I think I like that the best because Aries is actually two steps in one. The rail comes out for an actual step so on a lifted Jeep makes it nice to basically have two steps. However haven't heard much about Aries so I'm researching now.

Any input on Aries?

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
My aries have been great for 2 years. First on my ‘19, and moved them over to my 4xe several months ago.

i also installed the individual door switches so that i can still use them when doorless.

final note, i also installed magnets on my tube doors so that they activate the steps as well.

When i installed them on my 4xe, i also installed the bushwacker trail armor that protects the pinch seam & rockers from rocks

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KDRJLTS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I simply taped them in place and used a silver sharpie to mark the holes i needed to drill.

I love my AMP boards on my truck, but they are the originals, so they dont protect the side of the track.

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
My aries have been great for 2 years. First on my ‘19, and moved them over to my 4xe several months ago.

i also installed the individual door switches so that i can still use them when doorless.

final note, i also installed magnets on my tube doors so that they activate the steps as well.

When i installed them on my 4xe, i also installed the bushwacker trail armor that protects the pinch seam & rockers from rocks

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KDRJLTS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I simply taped them in place and used a silver sharpie to mark the holes i needed to drill.

I love my AMP boards on my truck, but they are the originals, so they dont protect the side of the track.
Did you install them on the 4xe yourself or shop? When I was debating getting the AMP, 4wheelparts wouldnt install them because they didnt get the official green light from AMP that it was fully compatible (due to the extra wiring on the 4xe). Finally AMP approved it, but now I found the Aries and think I like that better but don't know if I'm going to run into the same issue with the shops saying its not officially compatible with the 4xe
Sponsored