First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
What was your first post? Oh yeah, you're not sensitive.
Yes, I said I wasnt sensitive, I DIDNT say I wasnt going to reply back to stupid posts by the keyboard warriors. I still appreciate everyone elses help and good information!

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Seriously, drive it for a while to figure out what you've got and then figure out what/if you need to change. You'll probably find there is a reason you can't find anyone talking about making their Wrangler suspension more street worthy....

Reactions: JC7

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Think some aftermarket company can make a way better suspension for a stock jeep than the 100 Chrysler engineers (With years of testing) were able to achieve?

If you want a Lexus, buy a Lexus.
AEV did :)

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Again there is no PERFECT VEHICLE Ford had a recall 2 months ago 800K vehicles every car manufacturer has issues that will never change. So complaining every time and jumping on every thread and complain don't help.
It is funny a Jeep will never ride like a Toyota/Lexis Nissan/Infinity Honda/Acura. And everyone of them has had recalls.
But again you can buy as many after market parts and it want make it ride better.
And don't tell anyone you did a lift and bigger tires and it rides better than stock you will be telling A LIE.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Again there is no PERFECT VEHICLE Ford had a recall 2 months ago 800K vehicles every car manufacturer has issues that will never change. So complaining every time and jumping on every thread and complain don't help.
It is funny a Jeep will never ride like a Toyota/Lexis Nissan/Infinity Honda/Acura. And everyone of them has had recalls.
But again you can buy as many after market parts and it want make it ride better.
And don't tell anyone you did a lift and bigger tires and it rides better than stock you will be telling A LIE.
Completely false. There are several lift manufacturers that have products that perform SIGNIFICANTLY better than stock, on and off road.

OP
OP

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Seriously, drive it for a while to figure out what you've got and then figure out what/if you need to change. You'll probably find there is a reason you can't find anyone talking about making their Wrangler suspension more street worthy....
Thank you, I completely understand that. I dont suspect ill find much "wrong" with it. As I randomly go through the forums and read what others "complain" about, Im always curious as to what people are doing to make their JLs better

JimmyDoom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Lower the air pressure in your tires. Right now your tires are like stiff shocks, but if you lower the pressure they become soft shocks. Off the lot it was probably at 40 PSI or close. I rode my KO2's at 34 psi and it was really comfortable, much better than 40 psi.
I ran my Nitto 35" ridge grapplers at 32 PSI and my steering was horrible and was all over the road. Aired them up to 42 and steering improved but ride was bumpier....of course

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I ran my Nitto 35" ridge grapplers at 32 PSI and my steering was horrible and was all over the road. Aired them up to 42 and steering improved but ride was bumpier....of course
I am at 34 when cold on the Nitto's and 37 when the warm up and I like that mix.

Sponsored

Tharris

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 4dr (JLU) Sting Gray
Lol modding before you even have posession... a true jeep newbie.
I had 40% of my mods in my garage before ordering... have owned many jeeps, and grew up with them. Conversating over opinions on the theoretical and entertaining thoughts of profound improvement of said vehicle, does not constitute any such "newbie"ness. Dont forget you were also, and may still be a newb.

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I think if you wanted smooth you should of bought a Sahara. That is the "smooth" Wrangler.

Spending 45-50k and possibly years of payments for something that you never drove before... did you also pickup one of those mail order brides :giggle:

Reactions: JC7

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Many on this forum have said the Falcon 3.3 shocks adjustability have improved on road comfort. Run them on soft settings, 2 or 3 on road, then stiffen the setting for off-road. These are on my want list.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I have a sport. I swapped the stock AT kevlar tires with stock rubi tiress. The rubi tires are noticebly stiffer. I then swapped to rubi shocks/springs and it rides better.

You could pick up an extra set of wheels and put on street tires for driving around town and keep the stock tires for off road ventures. Good quality street tires will certainly ride better than stock rubi tires. This is probably why people feel the sahara rides better as well.

OP
OP

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
I have a sport. I swapped the stock AT kevlar tires with stock rubi tiress. The rubi tires are noticebly stiffer. I then swapped to rubi shocks/springs and it rides better.

You could pick up an extra set of wheels and put on street tires for driving around town and keep the stock tires for off road ventures. Good quality street tires will certainly ride better than stock rubi tires. This is probably why people feel the sahara rides better as well.
Interesting! Did not even think about that and its an obvious one! Noticed it happened with my Lexus (bought used) after the finally had to buy new tires, thanks!
Sponsored