Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You’ll have to lower your expectations I’m afraid, Jeep is a brick on solid axles designed to be the ultimate off road vehicle ever. Ride quality is going to suffer a bit. However comparing apples to apples this Jeep is the most comfortable riding Jeep by far hands down. So you’ll have to adapt a little, but don’t worry... it won’t hurt a bit :).
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Think some aftermarket company can make a way better suspension for a stock jeep than the 100 Chrysler engineers (With years of testing) were able to achieve?

If you want a Lexus, buy a Lexus.
Uh. Yes. Many aftermarket lifts drive better than stock.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Agree with a number of previous responses - drive it for a while first.

I personally think stock suspension is fine on most roads, of course not the same as luxury or sports cars but it never will be no matter how much $$$ you throw at it.

zamboniman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Think some aftermarket company can make a way better suspension for a stock jeep than the 100 Chrysler engineers (With years of testing) were able to achieve?

Generally I agree with you, but putting OME shocks on a TJ back in the day made a helluva difference for the better in daily driving comfort. i.e. more cushy.

Sponsored

OP
OP

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev

Well 100 engineers with years of testing and I still see complaints about stuff as dumb as having to plug the hard top gutters with sugru so the inside wont get wet lol

So yes, I think it could be possible.

OP
OP

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
WTAF? You have never driven it but want recommendations on changing the suspension? Get out of here with that!

download.jpeg
Uh yes, in my years of life, always doing pre-investigation as to what, how, when and where has gotten me far.

You act as if test driving a JL for 15 mins once or twice a week was going to give me any kind of real information. I want to know what current owners are doing right now so that when its my turn, I can come back straight to the information I asked for.

OP
OP

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
You’ll have to lower your expectations I’m afraid, Jeep is a brick on solid axles designed to be the ultimate off road vehicle ever. Ride quality is going to suffer a bit. However comparing apples to apples this Jeep is the most comfortable riding Jeep by far hands down. So you’ll have to adapt a little, but don’t worry... it won’t hurt a bit :).
I dont necessarily have expectations other than I can now carry my 2 hounds in the back, go pick up supplies at Home Depot without having to borrow a truck and go trail riding on the weekends.

Im just curious as to how people feel about their suspension and what theyre doing to change it for ride quality

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
For the most comfy ride with strong off road capability cancel your order and buy a Mercedes G Wagen. Air suspension gives best of two worlds. Just a couple dollars more than a JL but probably cheaper than suspension changes. I like the Luxury Gold Glitter color best.

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Uh yes, in my years of life, always doing pre-investigation as to what, how, when and where has gotten me far.

You act as if test driving a JL for 15 mins once or twice a week was going to give me any kind of real information. I want to know what current owners are doing right now so that when its my turn, I can come back straight to the information I asked for.
How can you claim to want to know all the answers, but haven't even taken the time to drive one (or three)? You didn't even search the forum to get your own knowledge. If you're really after information, as you claim, then study up instead of asking such a broad question. Some of theanswers won't make sense when you haven't even driven one. Your point of reference is an IS.

Sponsored

OP
OP

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
For the most comfy ride with strong off road capability cancel your order and buy a Mercedes G Wagen. Air suspension gives best of two worlds. Just a couple dollars more than a JL but probably cheaper than suspension changes. I like the Luxury Gold Glitter color best.
Not a fan of Mercedes

OP
OP

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
How can you claim to want to know all the answers, but haven't even taken the time to drive one (or three)? You didn't even search the forum to get your own knowledge. If you're really after information, as you claim, then study up instead of asking such a broad question. Some of theanswers won't make sense when you haven't even driven one. Your point of reference is an IS.
I've searched, all I find are people talking about 2in lift. How would you know if I searched or not?

I dont know who you are but my days are filled and I dont always have time to run to the dealership and ask for a test drive.

I NEEDED a jeep. Plain and simple. Otherwise I would have kept driving my IS until it died.

Some of you weirdos are some really butt hurt individuals. Nobody told you to read and certainly nobody forced you to respond

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
I've searched, all I find are people talking about 2in lift. How would you know if I searched or not?

I dont know who you are but my days are filled and I dont always have time to run to the dealership and ask for a test drive.

I NEEDED a jeep. Plain and simple. Otherwise I would have kept driving my IS until it died.

Some of you weirdos are some really butt hurt individuals. Nobody told you to read and certainly nobody forced you to respond
Butt hurt how..? Lol

Btw we can tell you haven't searched and read by your dumb question lol ...and again how can you claim that you like to know everything about everything when you haven't even taken the time to drive one. Lol Read the forum.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

This^^^^ is the only way you’re going get the “real” information, is by driving this vehicle, otherwise your not going to understand the answers you’re given. :facepalm:

Reactions: JC7
OP
OP

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Butt hurt how..? Lol

Btw we can tell you haven't searched and read by your dumb question lol ...and again how can you claim that you like to know everything about everything when you haven't even taken the time to drive one. Lol Read the forum.
Ahh figured you were one of those "dumb question" persons.

Be well!
Sponsored